Senior Java Developer (ETL / REST / PL/SQL / Hadoop / DevOps)
What is the opportunity?
In this role as a Senior Technical Systems Analyst, you will design and develop solutions for the Finance Core Technology Platform. The Platform, leveraging Hadoop "Big-Data" technology, serves as the central repository of finance related datasets, supports the ingestion of positional/trade, sub and general ledger balances, and reference data, as well as data enrichment, adjustment, reconciliation and reporting functions What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have:
- Design and develop ETL components to onboard various Finance and Reference datasets into the Enterprise Data Lake.
- Design and develop reporting solutions using Tableau Business Intelligence (BI)/Analytics reporting tool.
- Be proactively involved in the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of various application components supporting the Finance Core platform.
- Assist in maintaining the application infrastructure.
- Provide assistance to the application support team in troubleshooting and resolving production issues.
- Participate in architecture/design discussions around solutions and enhancements.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment with exceptional attention to detail.
- Provide strong organizational, time management, and decision making skills.
- Impart knowledge, benefit of experience, mentoring, and leadership to other members of the team.
- 7+ years' experience in Java, AJAX, and RESTful web-service development.
- 7+ years' experience with SQL (Oracle/PL-SQL preferred).
- 3+ years' experience with Apache Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Scala or other big-data platform technology/tools.
- 3+ years' experience in Agile development practices.
- 3+ years' experience on Unix/Linux OS.
- 3+ years DevOps experience with continuous integration/delivery best-practices, technologies and tools such as Subversion/GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, and Urban Code Deploy.
What's in it for you?
- Experience with Capital Markets or other financial technology services' middle/back office environments.
- Experience with Tableau BI/Analytics reporting tool.
- Exposure to Test driven development and automated unit testing.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
155 Wellington St W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
199044 Ad Code(s):