Senior Manager - Application Support
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Manager within Digital Development & Support group, you would provide exceptional support services for various critical online applications. This is a Senior Manager position within Operations and Support responsible for partnering up with various IT and business stakeholders in order to assess, analyze and recommend business and technical solutions, and assist in the development and integration of end-to-end technical solutions that resolve application/system issues and meet business needs. You will manage a suite of Digital Applications to ensure smooth day-to-day business operations and work as part of the senior management team to deliver best-in-class support services. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Manage the Digital application support team across various shifts to support critical business processes on a 24/7 basis
- Ensure maximum system availability and accurate remediation of issues for the application portfolio (including raising, tracking and reporting issues and conflicts, resolving issues and escalating to senior management as required)
- Support the integration of new releases, bug fixes, patches and configuration changes into production, including post-release validation activities
- Work closely with the development team and business to gain early project insights and ensure non-functional requirements are understood and embedded into project plans as per SDLC
- Become Subject Matter Expert of the applicable technologies and obtain application business knowledge
- Provide technical leadership, expert counsel and guidance to application community and developers
- Actively seek to enhance capacity and optimize performance of online applications - manage, support and coordinate implementations with development and project teams
- Participate in walkthrough reviews of all technical documentations, implementations and test plans
- Work with development leads to reduce alert notifications and achieve high availability of services (Goal 99.99%)
- Provide last tier support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis; and management and upkeep of test and production environments
Nice to have:
- Relevant degree/ certificate in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Availability after hours for on-call support on rotation basis
- 5+ years of management experience, supporting high-volume transactions and critical applications as part of a team providing 24/7 production support
- 5+ years of experience in IT, at least 3 years in Java or middleware technology
- Significant experience building, managing and improving a customer-focused team; ability to mentor and guide direct reports
- Advanced knowledge, experience, and understanding of architecture, application development, application systems design, and integration
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Nexus, UCD, and SVN.
- Knowledge of Cloud Foundry based platforms (PCF/Bluemix, OpenShift, etc.), Apache, Tomcat/Liberty
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technologies
What's in it for you?
- Platform: z/OS, WAS, AIX, and general Mainframe Operations
- Experience with Identity & Access management tools is a plus, such as IBM Security Access Manager for Web and Mobile
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
DIG http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs