Senior Manager - Strategy and Business Architecture
Requisition ID: 68593
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Scotiabank is seeking a Senior Manager - Strategy and Business Architecture to join the Global Risk Management (GRM) Strategic Initiatives and Operations team. This team bridges the risk management strategy and execution; team members support the executive team in strategy development, analyze strategic objectives to define target business architectures and, in collaboration with PMO and Technology teams, identify and execute strategic initiatives across Global Risk Management functions.
The bank is undertaking multi-year transformation programs across different risk functions (e.g. AML, Compliance, Ops Risk, Credit Risk etc.) in order to deliver the CROs vision of integrated risk functions, supporting the business in delivering growth, as well as supporting Scotiabank to deliver on its risk and compliance obligations in the most efficient and effective way.
Senior Manager - Strategy and Business Architecture will support strategy formulation workshops and annual planning processes. They will be responsible for translating strategic objectives into the target business architectures, performing gap-analysis and identifying cross-silo transformation roadmaps. They will provide business architecture governance for major initiatives and facilitate businesses and technology collaborations throughout the design and implementation of enhanced business capabilities in alignment with the GRM strategy. They will support the production of strategic KPI reports to executives and board members. Accountabilities
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Support the Director, Strategy and Business Architecture in the management of GRM strategic planning and execution.
- Organize and participate in management committees to provide necessary research, analysis and recommendations; create financial models to assess future state financial benefits and costs.
- Provide expertise for strategic planning processes and coordinate with a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Deploy frameworks and processes to measure strategic key performance indicators (KPIs) and assist with maintaining concise communications detailing the scope, progress and results of underway initiatives.
- Understand business objectives for assigned GRM domains, and lead the design of future state business capabilities (people, process, technology, data), while ensuring alignment with the strategic vision.
- Lead business architecture definition, business process analysis, assessment of current capabilities, and documentation of future business requirements. Facilitate creation of cross-silo transformation roadmaps to close capability gaps and achieve business objectives.
- Act as a key liaison between business and technology teams to ensure that the appropriate applications, integrations etc. are designed to meet evolving business requirements and align with Scotiabank technology standards.
- Provide architectural oversight of projects to ensure that project requirements are in alignment with the target business architecture, design principles and objectives of the GRM strategy. Support assessment of business benefits delivered v/s the business case for individual initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise on development of the business architecture framework, design and methodology development in the context of risk management and regulatory compliance topics.
- Manage issues or escalations in relation to the business capabilities within the assigned portfolio.
- MBA or relevant post graduate degree
- Strong understanding of strategic and business planning processes
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to discern research information and focus on the critical business issues
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with successful track record working in strategy and/or business architecture, preferably in a financial services institution or in professional services
- Broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and a strong degree of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of a structured business architecture framework (e.g., Zachman, Object Management Group (OMG), Business Architecture Guild (BAG), Business Architects Association (BAA), or other)
- Ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Ability to apply architectural principles to business concerns and create high-level models that can be used in gap analysis and identification of cross-silo strategic initiatives and roadmaps
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management abilities and skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, excellent knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Travel between multiple downtown offices is expected. Limited travel internationally may be required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Engineering, Finance, Technology, Legal