Senior Manager, AML FIU, QA & Oversight
Requisition ID: 68077
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Reporting to the Director, Global QA & Oversight, Senior Manager, Quality Assurance Program Management will be responsible for managing QA Program elements including QA Tools, scoring methodology, sampling methodology, periodical reporting, issue management, record keeping, data analysis and data management for the Global QA & Oversight function within AML Risk FIU . This role will be relied upon for their ability to work proactively and strategically, translating vision into tactics for execution as well as an understanding of best practice processes to meet the needs of the team. Accountabilities
Requirements & Qualifications
- Monitor overall results of AML quality assurance reviews and report to Directors and Senior Management of the AML Risk FIU including trends, performance against plan and significant findings. Recommend policy/procedural and operational enhancements to ensure a sustainable, risk-based AML Program.
- Develop meaningful, robust metrics and reporting of findings and progress against remediation objectives to management and other key stakeholders. Identify and periodically reconcile Key Performance Indicators ("KPI") and Key Risk Indicators ("KRI") to management and other key stakeholders and deliver detailed reports in a timely manner.
- Develop AML Risk FIU and control specific sample selection and testing results in accordance with AML Risk FIU Global QA & Oversight Procedures. Identifies, tests, and evaluates key control points of a sample selection.
- Validate the appropriate implementation of AML Risk FIU controls to ensure sampling results are comprehensive, including sampling of FIU investigations and STR filings, and accurately identify AML risk factors.
- Design and maintain applicable QA tools including scoring methodology, issue tracker and reporting templates with regular revisions to align with AML Risk FIU operation model, regulatory and procedural changes.
- Design and create a robust yearly quality assurance plan encompassing AML Risk FIU, ensuring the plan encompasses the Bank's risk appetite.
- Analyze QA testing results to address patterns, themes, or trends that indicate potential weaknesses or gaps in the execution of AML Risk FIU controls and procedures by taking proactive steps to ensure potential non-compliance does not re-occur. This includes employing process and systemic design analysis to determine how to build in safeguards and process changes to prevent non-compliance
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business or Technology
- Minimum 7 years experience in AML operations or compliance
- Transaction Monitoring & Operations
- KYC & Data analysis, model development and process management.
- Working knowledge of the Proceeds of Crime Act (PCA) and supporting regulations, Ministry of Finance requirements, the Wolfsberg Group principles and the United States Patriot Act.
- Detailed knowledge and experience on developing macros and other applications on excel to manage large scale of data
- Advanced knowledge of Power Point is preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Web Design, Finance, Technology, Legal, Creative