Senior Manager Real Estate Middle Office
What is the opportunity?
You will provide risk oversight for Club/Syndicate and Bilateral complex real estate transactions. You will provide prompt attention to client draw requests and interact with RBC and external groups. You will manage an assigned portfolio in accordance with policies and procedures and mitigate risk for RBC's real estate and construction financing. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Apply judgement to approve transactions that fall outside of guidelines, while protecting against risk and procedural gaps.
- Identify potential risks and work with Account Managers (AM), Group Risk Management (GRM) and National Office teams to resolve them.
- Verify and approve hi-rise pre-sales and deposits, and authorize draws within approved authorities for new construction projects.
- Use bank policies/guidelines and judgement to manage assigned projects/clients within the bank's real estate construction portfolio.
- Assess and construction risks of assigned projects/clients and refer deteriorating/high risk situations to Director Real Estate (Middle Office).
- Ensure compliance of loan and other agreements between the Bank and the client, and maintain a tracking and reporting system to reflect the most recent information of assigned projects/clients.
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, and BSC, to assist with advancement of draws or the initial legal structure of a deal.
- Work closely with Commercial Banking Centres, Group Risk Management, Commercial Advisory Group, Law Group and Business Service Centre.
- Previous commercial lending experience.
- Strong knowledge of commercial credit rules and guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands from various groups with which the real estate middle office interacts.
- Ability to balance putting "Client First" and ensuring that standards are maintained and deliverables are provided.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in an interactive team environment.
What's in it for you?
- Commercial Account Management or Commercial Credit adjudication experience.
- GRM experience.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive Compensation
- A professional and supportive team environment
- A comprehensive training program on internal processes and systems
- Career progression if you have what it takes to be the best