Senior Manager, Strategic Investments - Corporate Portfolio Management Office (CPMO)
Requisition ID: 71209
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The CPMO's objective is to facilitate and provide (i) investment prioritization, (ii) business case review, (iii) project governance, and (iv) portfolio management, reporting, and analysis for the Bank's capital investments. The team is a critical function which ensures the Bank's resources are used effectively that meet financial targets and that align with the Bank's strategic priorities.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Investments will be responsible for critical analysis of the investment portfolio and business cases, including those presented at the Bank's Capital investment Committee. ACCOUNTABILITIES
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Review new investment proposals seeking funds through the Strategic Investment Pool (SIP) or the Capital Equipment Fund (CEF).
- Work with cross-functional teams within the enterprise Portfolio Management Community to create, improve, and support the bank's project approval process according to industry best practices.
- Control enterprise wide project investment funds and report on allocations within Business Lines and Functions
- Manage select corporate function project portfolios, ensuring proper reporting, financial controls, and supporting prioritization and benefits measurement efforts as required
- Support to the team with ad-hoc analysis related to the Bank's investment portfolio
- Build and maintain strategic relationships and coordinate with key stakeholders in business lines and support areas.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop/design effective and efficient processes and workflows for project financial tracking and reporting; deliver timely and accurate reporting
- Professional accounting designation or MBA
- University degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Accounting
- 5 years of demonstrated work experience in a finance, accounting or analytic environment
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in financial industry, ideally in a business investment capacity
- Strong knowledge of operations within Scotiabank
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills. Must be able to manage and interpret large amounts of data, and use sound judgment in analysis, interpretation and presentation of findings.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Management, Finance, Technology, Engineering