Senior .NET Developer
Requisition ID: 67651
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
The Senior .NET Developer is responsible for providing specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support. The incumbent is responsible for current and future implementation projects within the group, introducing new technologies to meet business objectives and providing technical consultation and guidance to all development projects. Key Accountabilities:
- Manage and participate 'hands-on' in the implementation of List Management (Fircosoft FMM) including loading, modelling, storage, cleansing and integration with downstream consuming systems by analysing user requirements, providing technical specifications and designs, developing detailed work-plans, scheduling technical resources, monitoring progress against plan and developing/maintaining programs according to standards. The incumbent must ensure software, programs and applications developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of application development for assigned applications or technology. Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling, testing, as well as, performing reviews and walkthroughs of all major project deliverables to ensure the quality and completeness of functionality.
- Provide production and user acceptance testing application support to complex technical problems on all assigned applications and technology that serve each business unit by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support. The incumbent may be required to carry a beeper and be available at all times to provide support to the system during overnight processing runs.
- Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plans, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required. The incumbent is also required to provide post implementation support and training to the computer operations staff on the production processing functionality.
- Maintain a good understanding of the Division's business strategies, business policies, financial instruments, risk management and backoffice processing. In addition, the incumbent is required to provide leadership and specialized consultation in defining, planning and maintaining a strategy for the architecture, development and implementation of technology, systems and MIS within the Division to provide effective technical consulting and support services to the Division.
- Ensure the department's objectives are met by assisting in recruiting qualified staff, providing input to performance appraisals on time and maintaining up to date knowledge of technology, industry and business practices.
- 5-7 years of practical experience in developing and deploying complex technologies
- Experienced using multiple computing platforms, such as UNIX, Windows, Linux,
- Experienced with Programming languages .Net, SQL, UNIX shell scripts, VB Script and Powershell
- Experienced with database technologies Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server Integration Services
- Experienced with development techniques, such as debugging, testing, coding, use of productivity tools
- Experienced with Hardware and operating system configuration, application performance and tuning
- Experience working in the Financial Industry is highly desirable.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, .NET, Bank, Banking, Database, Technology, Finance