Senior Software Architect
Requisition ID: 72207
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team:
Our team supports HR business function and is accountable for Architecture, Operations, Development and Maintenance of HR Technology Solutions and Employee Experience Applications using Java, .Net, Power BI, and SQL Server The Role:
The Senior Software Architect/Engineer is required to lead, and collaborate with teams of IT professionals to provide technical architecture, and development for data integration, and data warehouse applications. The incumbent leads and creates detailed design specifications (related to Infrastructure, integration, security and process flow design) for new end-to-end solutions across multiple platforms, enhancements or maintenance of existing solutions for all supported platforms in Enterprise Operations Technology Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You will build and manage cohesive software architecture & data governance standards, artifacts, roadmaps, and providing technical direction for the applications assigned to your portfolio
- You understand importance of ensuring best practices in design and development, documentation and tools needed to support the various projects and existing production systems
- You have experience in providing technical architectural design solutions and code reviews for major business application and technology initiatives focusing on web/internet systems (i.e. Web Servers, web Designs, Internet Protocols, Internet Security, Web Services, APIs, SOAP/REST, Cloud)
- You're experienced in creating security design document and solutions overview architecture and performing Threat Risk Assessment as well as presenting those artifacts to Operational Readiness committee and obtaining concurrence from committee to ensure Bank's standards and/or external regulatory policies are being met. e.g. SOX
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching other team members on development and integration techniques and best practices
- You will establish and champion process improvement initiatives
- You will participate in vendor product assessment and selection, providing recommendation based on solution reviews and product comparisons
- You thrive on challenge, you're proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn
- Building strong working relationships with peers, business lines and stakeholders, come naturally to you
What's in it for you?
- 5 years+ leading teams of software developers/data and integration architects working with Data Quality Tools/ Data Governance, enterprise data model preferably with SAS, AWS, Azure or GCP
- Disciplined in development methodology and experience with software development technologies and concepts in Java, .Net core , Python, SPARK, Dockers or Kubernotes, MicroServices, Monolithic architecture
- Minimum 2+ years in consulting or corporate Systems Development environments or equivalent experience
- Depth in data modeling and database design: The incumbent should have strong work experience across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders and ability to influence, emphasize methodology, modeling, and governance, technologically and politically neutral, articulate, persuasive, and enthusiastic
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment and able to make quick & sound decisions under pressure
- Inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Becoming a part of an organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
- Easily accessible by TTC and Go Train
- Onsite cafeteria
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Developer, Bank, Banking, Consulting, Engineering, Technology, Finance