Senior Software Engineer (FullStack)
Requisition ID: 68118
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview:
The Enterprise Risk Management Solutions (ERMS) team works in partnership with Global Risk Management to deliver the insights and technology solutions that make Scotiabank a global leader in analyzing and managing credit, asset/liability, and liquidity risk in over 50 countries. What we are looking for?
We are a diverse team of experts in technology, data modeling, reporting, analytics and innovation, and we're growing. If you are passionate about technology, data, and working with partners around the globe, we want to meet you. We are seeking a talented software developer to join our team and contribute to a range of projects, mainly focusing on re-platform and re-architecture critical apps, and to bring in best practices for UI/UX within the industry.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Lead the design and implementation to re-platform, re-architecture core credit risk software, bringing in expertise in UI/UX, API design and development.
- Propose and lead enhancement of development process, leveraging modern build and deployment tools and best practice using microservices architecture.
- Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
- Design, code, test and deploy critical risk application, modernization legacy monolithic app that align with modern software architecture and business requirements.
- Have strategic vision and is skilled at bringing together the ideas and innovation that inspires and creates great enterprise level risk management software.
- Lead front end development framework based on business requirements and guide junior developers to adopt best practices for implementation, testing, deployment.
- Translate user stories into UI/UX specification
- Design and Develop backend website application and ensure the performance
- Performance Tuning and ensuring responsiveness of the applications.
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, IT or a related technical field
- 6 years+ experience building scalable web applications, enhancing development process to ensure high code quality and maintainability
- Experience of micro services architecture & development tools & frameworks
- Experience working with JS Frameworks (Angular, React, etc.)
- Experience working with Full Stack (MEAN, DJANGO, LEMP etc.)
- Experience with database technology like MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Java, Python, PHP and .Net.
- Experience with API creation and using REST APIs, including JSON and XML APIs.
- Experience with Git and knowledge of GitFlow best practices (Version control etc)
- Familiarity of unit Testing with Karma
- Experience in presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Experience mentoring and fostering technical excellence in a team
- Experience leveraging GCP and Azure products to build highly performant, scalable systems
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward-thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Software Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering