Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Development)
Requisition ID: 72230
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
Our team supports HR business function and is accountable for Architecture, Design, Development and Maintenance of HR Technology Solutions and Employee Experience Applications using Java, .Net, Power BI, and SQL Server. The Role
The Senior Software Engineer is a full stack lead developer position, responsible for providing specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support for technically complex solutions for HR. In this role you will be responsible for current and future implementation projects within the group, introducing new technologies to meet business objectives and providing technical consultation and guidance to all development projects. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You are a full-stack engineer, with experience in modifying UI components, writing RESTful APIs, implementing a data backend, writing high-performance software, and possess knowledge of micro-service architecture
- You will work closely with onshore and offshore vendor partners to ensure that solutions being delivered are of high quality using best practices and align with project goals
- You will participate in solution design discussions focused on scalability, design and implementation of best practices
- You have experience ensuring software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements
- You enjoy working with other developers and business analysts on break-down, scoping and estimating tasks for design, development, refactor and implementing code
- You have experience in maintaining code documentation and manage changes in requirements through the SDLC process.
- You know how to proactively partner with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
- 5+ years of experience programming full-stack applications and developing solutions using technologies such as .Net Framework and .Net Core/Java, HTML5/CSS3
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Databases and Web Storage, HTTP & REST, Web Architecture, GIT / BitBucket, JIRA
- Experience with micro-service architecture and cloud infrastructure
- Solid understanding of using TFS (Team Foundation Server), Git repositories, branching policies
- Practical experience with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience in assessing and analysing technology options to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business needs
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
What's in it for you?
- Education: Bachelor (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Becoming a part of an organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
- Easily accessible by TTC and Go Train
- Onsite cafeteria
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Sales Consultant, Technology, Finance, Engineering, Sales