Senior Software Engineer (.Net / C# )
What is the opportunity?
RBC is changing how people think about and interact with the bank on a daily basis. We want to be more than just transactional and episodic, and are finding new and innovative ways to be an essential part of everyone's daily life. At RBC Ventures we think and act like startups - exploring new ideas that are often completely unrelated to traditional banking products.
RBC Ventures is seeking talented, passionate and energetic Senior .NET developer to join an agile team, code, and drive performance through innovation and use of technology. This position is development only with a heavy emphasis on architecture, design, and coding in an agile manner. What will you do?
You will join development for an in-market Venture playing a key role in the delivery of next version. Your responsibilities will include:
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Design and implement application architecture for a .NET Core back end.
- Design and implement data model changes in PostgreSQL
- Participate in the planning and estimation of stories.
- Develop automated Unit and API integration test.
- Contribute to the implementation and enhancement of the CI/CD pipeline.
Nice-to-have What's in it for you?
- Expert in C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Database Stored Procedures (PostgreSQL or SQL Server), and Test Automation.
- Expert in secure software development practices
- Experienced in CI/CD and application deployment in AWS
- Experience with AWS Lambda and SQS
- Exposure to Middleware technologies
We want vocal futurists who can advocate their vision - creative problem-solvers who build and lead highly qualified engineering teams. Our Technology Leads obsess over writing smart, simple, clean code and strive for the best end-user experience.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
- 4 weeks vacation