Senior Solutions Architect
What is the opportunity?
The Senior Solutions Architect partners with IT, Operations and business stakeholders to lead development of the end-to-end technical solution architecture for high-complexity and high-risk IT initiatives that meet sponsor/stakeholder needs. The role works primarily on large programs including those involving multiple projects, a large number of applications and/or third parties with complex integration requirements. The Senior Solutions Architect is a key role under the operating model and contributes to positioning the organization to deliver on its value proposition. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must have
- Assess and analyze business strategy, business requirements, current state environment and technology choices to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business sponsor needs. Work with technical systems specialists, business systems specialists from the impacted application groups/third parties to understand the current state and constraints for defining the future state architecture and the interfaces
- Define end-to-end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints. Work with Delivery Team and assist in the development of the program roadmap. Work with Data Architecture, Security Architecture and Infrastructure SME's to ensure that all aspects of the solution architecture are defined and elaborated. Review details designs in order to ensure compliance with the solution architecture. Analyze the viability of the solution to meet program timeline, budget and quality. Resolve technical issues and escalate as appropriate
- Serve as the lead technical authority on the program responsible for planning all activities leading to the development of the overall solution architecture. Provide critical thinking, technical leadership to the program right from the idea creation stage. Provide input, guidance and direction for the development of project-level solution architecture
- Develop architecture artifacts (architecture blueprint, architecture decisions) as defined by the project management framework (PMF) or software development cycle (SDLC). Review documents with Lead Architects and key program stakeholders
- Identify possible third-party vendor solutions and lead the technical evaluation of the identified vendor solution. Participate in the evaluation of third-party vendors and software as well as due diligence exercises
- Develop and present solution alternatives along with recommendations to senior leaders. Present program solution architecture at the Architecture review board
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and interface groups using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to closure and facilitate knowledge transfer and collaboration
- Facilitate small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving. Prepare and deliver presentations to business and technology partners and senior management/executives
Nice to have
- At least 10 years of experience in information technology roles; at least 3 years experience developing solution architectures on large projects and proven experience in leading the architecture of a large program from initiation to implementation
- Bachelor degree in a technical area of study (e.g., computer science, mathematics or engineering) or other BSc/BA degree with a concentration in computer science or information systems or equivalent
- Understanding of risk assessment and quantification methodologies
- Experience developing a variety of enterprise technologies and architecture approaches (e.g., mainframe, distributed, online/mobile and digital)
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of the banking and financial services industry including operations, technology and the business environment
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities. TEC