Senior Specialist, Information Security Metrics Analysis
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud and Physical Security capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO's ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21 st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
Provides analysis and reporting services in support of businesses/groups and BMO overall. Builds relationships and liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals. Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating internal stakeholders. Ensures that requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards. Participates or conducts user acceptance testing to ensure that changes made are in alignment with business requirements. Provides great customer service in support of the information security processes, applications and infrastructure.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes, risks and mitigation techniques for designated areas.
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Develops innovative approaches to create solutions to resolve problems and significant issues.
- Provides input to the strategic direction of the group.
- Prepares and delivers presentations for senior leaders.
- Leads the preparation of end user reference materials and prepares end-user training materials.
- Gathers requirements and documents these requirements for use in various audits, reports, & projects.
- Works with vendors to troubleshoot issues, as required.
- Assesses the quality of reports submitted and provides related coaching and support.
- Looks for coaching opportunities with other team members.
- Troubleshoots information security issues within designated business group.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the information security organization at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across information security and technology.
- Works with internal stakeholders to validate their requirements via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Collects, organizes, analyzes and disseminates significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Provides analytical support and insights.
- Filters and "cleans" data, and reviews reports and key performance indicators to locate and correct data issues.
- Performs documentation writing and maintenance of new and existing processes, procedures and requirements.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate information security processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency.
- Remains alert to new information security technologies and threats that present risk to the enterprise and determines the best approach to mitigate these risks.
- Stays abreast of industry trends/risks related to information security, technology and business trends / risks through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the achievement of business results in alignment with business/group strategies and with productivity goals.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 4 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business or in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has at least one certification in a related field, with strong preference for Information Security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS).
- Experience in information security, technology, business requirements gathering and reporting in a financial services setting.
- Possesses in-depth data manipulation and analysis skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possesses an in-depth level of knowledge of Information Security processes, procedures and controls.
- Has a very good understanding of Information Security risk and regulatory requirements.
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem solving ability of IS issues within their business group.
- Familiar with industry standards and frameworks e.g. NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF), ISO 27001 and 27002, Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS), etc.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.