Senior Technical Specialist - Cloud Engineer (Hybrid Cloud / AWS/ Azzure)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate professional for a Cloud Engineering position with extensive experience with AWS and Azure cloud services. This role will assist in implementing and supporting cloud solutions on MS Azure and Amazon AWS.
Your skills are broad - Architecting and implementing cloud solutions for various application architectures, scripting, and programmatic integration of cloud applications, databases and other data services and infrastructure. You are a self-starter, driven and can handle multiple projects and priorities. You are passionate about driving the DevOps mindset and culture in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you get the opportunity to work with a spectrum of latest tools and technologies to drive forward "Infrastructure-as-Code" and "Infrastructure-as-a-Service". You are actively looking to improve the solutions you implement, understand the efficacy of collaboration and reaching out across functional borders and are keen to work in a team of CI/CD and Infrastructure specialists.
The qualified applicant will be part of the team supporting the BMO Hybrid Cloud implementation. The role will focus on designing the banks Hybrid Cloud capability and in developing an orchestration platform for automated provisioning, management and scalability of hosts, containers, applications and cloud services. As a member of this team, you should possess the ability to inspire yourself and all of our team. Based on your previous experiences you will inject new knowledge and skills into an already high performing team thus excelling our efforts to new heights.
Working in a close knit technical team, the role will:
- Assist with the design and implementation of an enterprise Hybrid Cloud capability; configuration of foundational AWS and Azure cloud services, and continuously assessment and integration of emerging cloud features.
- Develop APIs and Webhooks for multi-directional integration of cloud orchestration platform with enterprise system management and DevOps Tools and cloud platforms.
- Lead the assessment of advanced and new cloud application and infrastructure services and assist in their integration to the enterprise hybrid cloud service offering and application migration.
- Develop and maintain secure application deployment patterns on the cloud; review application solution designs for cloud-fit and optimality; and automate deployment patterns for reusability.
- Work closely with line of business (LOB) developers to collaborate on the design and deployment of proof-of-concept and pilot business use cases and to be the cloud technical lead.
- Manage the enterprise cloud sandbox environment usage and ensure best practices in its usage.
- Coordinate with Enterprise teams to identify and develop Cloud Management tools and practices and automate cloud operations and compliance tasks.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions adhere to enterprise cloud security and compliance controls
- Assist in documentation of the architecture and solution design of cloud platforms, cloud practices, connectivity and deployment patterns.
- Contribute to implementation of a software defined datacenter for in-house cloud capabilities
- Work in close collaboration with Engineering, DevOps and CIO teams to develop Service Catalogues to continuously enhance the capability, security and user experience of the enterprise Hybrid cloud Platform. Qualifications Required Core Skills:
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and principles, Infrastructure as a code.,
- Strong programming skill with experience in API and Webhook development using Python, Node.js, Ruby, PowerShell and Shell Scripting languages.
- Experience with implementing and using of CI/CD Systems.
- Experience in AWS and AZURE IAM policy preparation for cloud Security
- Proficiency in cloud automation using Ansible, AWS CLI, Azure CLI, Cloud formation, terraform, ARM.
- Hands-on experience with system configuration and Devops tools preferably Ansible, Bitbucket, Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Operating Systems including OpenStack, OpenShift and VSphere
- Experience with setup and management of a software driven network, storage and compute and proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment.
- Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and System Engineering teams within Scrum agile processes Other Skills:
- Strong Interpersonal, communication and leadership Skills
- A critical thinker with strong research, analytics and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Able to work under tight timeline and deliver on complex problems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including weekends and nights) as needed.
- A strong team player LOCATION:
First Canadian Place Building at 100 King St. We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.