Senior Technical Systems Analyst
What is the opportunity?
The Senior Technical System Analyst will provide in-depth technical expertise, consulting and advisory on a suite of applications for the Endpoint Security Management and Operations within RBC's global environment. The Senior Technical System Analyst will ensure prompt resolution to any production problems and partners across IT and with assigned business line(s) to assess, research, and analyze business, technical and system needs in order to maintain RBC security posture.. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Work closely with business partners to understand the business requirements and business capabilities.
- Together with Project Manager, determine integration, deployment, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
- Organize and participate in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, integrations and unit test plans.
- Document and execute unit test, system, integration and acceptance test.
- Ensure adequate technical documentation is in place.
- Develop detailed integration plans and accurate estimates of implementation.
- Manage joint development and plan and co-ordinate implementations.
- Contribute to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
- Joint day-to-day support of Endpoint security applications (e.g. monitoring server health, monitoring event logs, planning for and performing software upgrades).
- Focus on removing inefficiencies the way technology is used (or not used), automating processes wherever possible.
- Provide technical guidance and training to junior members of the team.
- Post-Secondary Degree or College diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Understanding of infrastructure integration and deployment, application server and support, application systems design and integration.
- Programming or scripting knowledge (e.g. Python, C#, Java, etc.)
- Strong knowledge on:
- Windows platform: Windows 7, Windows 10, Win2012, Win2016 Server
- Active Directory
- MS Office skills: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Capability to manage multiple priorities across a number of assignments and prioritize effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Confidence in working autonomously or as member of a team
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor degree in computer and/or IT related disciplines.
- Certifications in information security (eg. CISSP, CEH)
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
330 Front St W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
Non-Exempt People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
199896 Ad Code(s):