Senior Technology Officer - Digital Banking
Are you a Technology leader? We need you!
BMO has embarked on a major effort to transform our customer experience and deliver the next generation Digital Banking capabilities. To enable this, we are looking for a proven technology innovator and thought-leader to lead our software team in the development of these next generation Digital Banking solutions.
We offer a progressive and exciting work environment using some of the latest technologies and modern software development practices along with attractive career opportunities, competitive compensation and a fun workplace. If you have a passion for new technology and innovation and have experience leading organizations in the areas of enterprise software development and delivery, we would love to meet with you. About the Opportunity - DIRECTOR for Digital Banking:
As the leader of the Channels Technology software team, you will be growing a tight-knit organization that is defining the future of Digital Banking using the latest technologies and design concepts. Passion and customer-focus are as integral to your success as your technical skills and experience. Thought leadership comes not only from you as the Director of Digital Banking but from the entire team through a consultative and engaging work environment. Success is measured by creativity, pace, quality of solutions, and delivering on what we promise.
The Director will be responsible for Planning of Digital Banking technology roadmaps (transformation including platform evolution, currency and maintenance) as it relates to the banks Digital Strategy and help drive the banks agile transformation. He or she will also be accountable and oversee implementation of all Digital Banking releases. This role reports directly to the Managing Director for Channels Technology. Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
We're here to help
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience, MBA preferred but not essential
- Solid experience leading the development of Digital customer facing technology solutions.
- Experience leading a department of 50-100 staff and major projects (30-50+ resources) across the entire project lifecycle
- Proven understanding of Enterprise Software Development Life Cycle and strong engineering principles
- Experience with agile / iterative development methodologies
- Experience managing multi-million dollar vendor relationships and contracts
- Experience in implementation of large-scale enterprise technology programs.
- Experience in implementation of in house built front-end solutions
- Experience in implementation of a Design System is an asset
- Experience in implementation of Cloud based solutions is an asset
- Experience in implementation of Ai technologies is an asset
- Strong communication, listening and interpersonal skills - brings out the best in people, motivates to win, leads with empathy and collaborates horizontally
- Track record of innovation and success
- Experience in strategy development and business planning (including financials and budgeting)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in:
- HTML / HTML5 / CSS3
- CI/CD development processes and tooling (e.g. Bitbucket, Bamboo, Sonarqube, Ansible, Artifactory, Jira, Confluence)
- Secure coding practices
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.