Shift Manager - s/390 Production Services
What is the opportunity?
This position provides management and technical operations counselling for the production processing of the 600+ business applications that reside in the Stratford Computer Centre (SCC) on a 7/24/365 basis using ZEKE, Tidal and Universal Command. These applications can reside in any one or a multiple number of S/390 environments (QCC, OCC, BCCC, RT, RBCI, Wealth Management and Capital Markets). Responsible to ensure service level agreement commitments are achieved or exceeded on a daily basis. Ensures Production Analysts and Production Team Leads are properly trained to handle their responsibilities of providing cost effective service, on time, all of the time. There are 3 Shift Manager's on this team working rotating shifts (Days/Evening/Nights) during business days and pager support on weekends to provide 7/24 coverage.
The real value added is to provide management support 7/24, and especially during complex/crisis production situations. The incumbent's team is responsible for the monitoring and processing of batch/online applications across multiple platforms during their shift, seven days a week using ZEKE and Universal Command.
This position is actively involved in managing S/390 batch production problem situations and applying changes to the S/390 application environment. Accountable to ensure they live up to RBC IT service level commitments and follow up on any negative service gaps. The incumbent must have a very good understanding how the 600+ applications run in the computer centres and the interdependencies between applications. What will you do? Demonstrate Operations Management capability and Discipline by:
• Successful completion of all batch processing in a timely manner to meet/exceed pre-determined client (internal/external) expectations.
• Owner of production abends and responsible to escalate for resolution.
• Owner of applying change records successfully for all the business applications on the S/390 environments.
• Provides direction to 32 staff and ensures communications are effective across all shifts over 7/24 period. Lead, Coach, Develop Team members & Self:
• Lead employee performance to standards of excellence
• Foster high achievement environments where diversity is valued and people are treated with respect and dignity
• Performs role of mentor/coach for team members and provides guidance and motivation to these members. Manage Relationships and Communications:
• Provides solutions by generating or recommending alternative approaches/solutions to meet/requirements of clients and; develop and maintain strong relationships with Business Partners/Sponsors, and Internal partners. What do you need to succeed?
• In-depth knowledge of various infrastructure management products on S/390
• In-depth knowledge of application interdependencies across business applications
• Willing to work rotating shift work What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• A world-class training program in financial services
• Flexible work/life balance options
• Opportunities to do challenging work
• Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
• Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
• Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Join Our Talent Community
Want to be in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC? It's easy! https://jobs.rbc.com/talentcommunity/subscribe/?locale=en_US Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on jobs, career paths, recruitment events, and more! JOB SUMMARY City:
155 Wellington St. West Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Exempt/Non-Exempt:
N/A People Manager:
Yes Job Posting End Date:
11/22/2019 Req ID:
199683 Posting Notes: