Software Application Developer - Derivatives
Requisition ID: 62302
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
Reporting to a Senior Manager you will work closely with the Derivatives Technology team, responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading platform. You will be presented with business requirements and expected to work amongst a team to develop and deliver a viable business solution. What we are looking for?
Looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a diverse and fast pace environment and able to absorb new concepts quickly.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for analysis, troubleshooting, designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting applications software that is delivered on time.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Run queries to support production tickets analysis and as a reference to assist with operational workarounds
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree; or related work experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong coding experience in C/C++ and Core Java
What's in it for you?
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to participate in team environment
- Effective organizational, planning skills in order to manage projects independently
- Capital Markets or Derivitives experience is an asset
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Application Developer, Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering