Software Developer, Test Automation, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 65063
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As the Test Automation Engineer you'll be working on our Platform Migration team at the Digital Factory. You'll work closely with your scrum team to evangelize an emphasis on quality. You'll develop, implement and execute test plans and test cases based on user stories and contribute to test automation tools and infrastructure by developing and augmenting test cases and test libraries. Are you the right person for this role?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- You have a deep pride in quality craftsmanship, with user centred design, that delights customers
- You're a wizard when it comes to adapting to an Agile environment and writing about software that is continuously integrated & deployed
- You spend your free time tinkering with new technologies or building apps on the side
- You want to find a solution to real life problems that will flip the multi-billion dollar financial industry on its head
- A fast learner who has an appetite to learn what's behind both simple and complex financial solutions
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently, without direct input or oversight
What's in it for you?
- 3+ years of experience in software development and automated testing
- Experience defining test strategies such as application, unit and performance testing
- Experience creating test scenarios such as a "happy path", edge and negative cases
- Knowledge of Test Frameworks (i.e. Cucumber, TestNG)
- Familiarity with Git, Gradle and Jenkins
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station
- Onsite cafeteria with a chef!
- Onsite fitness center
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Web Design, Testing, Technology, Finance, Creative