Software Engineer - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 67817
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Scotiabank's Enterprise Data & Reconciliation team within PLATO (The Platform Organization) is seeking a talented, high energy person to join our team as a Software Engineer.
The PLATO Data Platforms Team is responsible for design and implementation of Enterprise level data initiatives for Scotiabank. As a Software Engineer within PLATO, your primary job is to develop, enhance and maintain the various applications used by our business partners to help govern Enterprise Data. These activities include:
- Working closely with business partners to understand and implement requirements
- Partnering with Architects to turn high level solutions into implementable detailed designs
- Migration of on-premise applications and code into a cloud environment
- Downstream support for internal consumers of application data to ensure accurate and timely delivery of reference data.
- Supporting testers to resolve bugs quickly
- Providing application support when there are issues the operations team are not able to resolve
We expect you to have the below competencies:
- Highly proficient in:
- Java 7/8
- REST/SOAP Webservices
- JS, Angular JS, XML
- Git, Maven
- Proficient in:
- Business Prcess Management (BPM)
- ETL Toling for both on-premise and cloud
- Clud deployment of Java code
- Spring/Spring Bot
- Clud integration
- Interested in:
- Nde JS
- Drive t learn new things outside current skillset / comfort zone
- Wrking in Agile environment
- Cmmunication skills, especially in regard to translating technical solutions into business language
- Cntributing to multiple concurrent projects
- JIRA/Cnfluence or similar tool
- Ability t document designs in a concise manner
Location(s): Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Software Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering