The Solution Architect (SA) is accountable to create solutions which support current and foreseeable changes due to new technical or business requirements and support reuse within and by other LOBs.
The solutions are functionality appropriate, technically sound and well-integrated. The SA develops the solution architecture by collaborating with Architecture, Development and Consulting resources, and provides value-added, professional advice to the Lead Technology Officer's (LTO) senior management team, LTO and business partners. The SA is accountable to ensure proposed solution architectures are consistent with Enterprise/Line of Business (LOB)-wide initiatives and aligns with the roadmaps established by Enterprise Architecture and LOB.
- Creates and maintains end to end solution architecture for Canadian Personal & Business Banking led initiatives with Enterprise context.
- Ensures sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate any negative impact on Technology and Enterprise budgets.
- Identifies risks or issues with technology solution & design which may impact realization of project benefits and provides guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to proactively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project.
- Provides technical leadership and consultation to development teams related to detailed design.
- Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs Proof of Concepts / Prototypes, and recommends applications of such technologies to future product architectures.
- Is the technology lead role in vendor engagements to assess their product offerings and integrations into BMO's enterprise systems.
- Provides input into the preparation of business case.
- Provides leadership and direction to a team ensuring high levels of engagement, motivation and innovation.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization at BMO, such as: sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Provides architectural expertise & domain knowledge to advise & guide senior leaders .
Knowledge & Skills
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science and 10+ years in the IT industry.
- Has 5-10 years' experience in solution architecture and design, in a financial services and banking industry, including tools and techniques in developing solution architecture artefacts.
- Possesses extensive practical experience in strategic planning, platform design and development and/or business partner solution delivery and/or client solution delivery.
- Possesses expert communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-confidence; is innovative and has the ability to work independently.
- Possesses an expert ability to manage concurrently multiple projects high in complexity and of strategic importance.
- Is capable of resolving diverse, complex and ambiguous issues and situations.
- Has ability to manage change.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both an industry and BMO perspective.
- Has expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision.
- Has a thorough understanding of relevant and emerging technologies and industry directions.
- Has sufficient business knowledge to assess impact of applied technology on customer's business processes.
- Has knowledge of project management methodology and its applicability to successful delivery of technical change.
- Understands technologies related to:
- Channel application development
- Application integration
- Core applications running on distributed and mainframe environments
- Understands the strategic technical direction of:
- Microservices Architecture
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Systems Management
- Enterprise Data & Access Layers
- Pertinent Styles of Computing
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem-solving ability of Information Technology of various scale, degree and dimension of complexity.
- Has expert knowledge in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks, methodologies and tools.
We're here to help
- Works with managers and senior individual contributors (within group) to provide architectural recommendations & guidance as well as presentations at the departmental level.
- Leads and facilitates the design of technology projects and applications.
- Has ability to review technical work.
- Develops and recommends productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter. #LI- DP1