Solutions Design IT Speciaist
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Applications & Systems Development
covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description
The general accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
Lead technology solutions enabling advanced analytics (AI/ML)
- In partnership with other technology teams within EIM, Layer 6, Enterprise Architecture (EA) and business partners, build out key technology capabilities in the AKORA and Azure public cloud environments to enable advanced analytics (AI/ML) with appropriate focus on data management, and security for Layer 6 use cases across the Bank.
- Technically lead a high performing, talented and engaged team with big data and cloud skillset to fulfill current and future business needs.
- Develop and maintain a data anonymization solution in partnership with Security, Privacy and Control partners to ensure TD's data asset is secure in public cloud.
- Work with ITS partners to build and maintain a data pipeline between TD and Azure Public Cloud.
- Leverage Azure services (e.g. Databricks) to build appropriate data management (data linkage, stitching etc) solutions to build out a consistent data foundation.
- Work with Layer 6 data engineers and data scientists in enabling advanced analytics (AI/ML) solutions.
- Work closely with business partners in developing and operationalizing analytics solutions
- Lead modernization effort of existing analytic data delivery/pipeline solution into a new and modern analytic framework.
This is a critical role with high expectations; the ideal candidate should have over 5+ years of experience in Technology delivery, preferably within the context of global bank products or other large regulated enterprises.
- Extensive experience in application development - with expertise in Java/Scala, Spark, Python/PySpark, and Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience deploying/configuring Azure Data services: Databricks, ADLS, Blob, Data Factory, Data Lake
- Experience migrating on-premise data lake to Azure Public Cloud
- Extensive experience in on-prem and Azure Public Cloud security features (data protection/encryption/anonymization set-up, AD authentication, access controls/RBAC, audit logging, etc)
- Deep expertise in solution development and business analysis in the Enterprise Information Management/Big Data and Cloud domains
- Extensive functional and technical knowledge of data integration/management and analytics processes (building automated processes for data acquisition and analysis), ETL, common data models, Big data ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka), BI solutions
- Demonstrated experience with Data Management, Data Quality and Data Governance concepts
- Experience in advising on data, data policies, risk assessments and implementing frameworks and key levers that deliver superior results
- Ability to communicate effectively at senior levels, build deep relationships with partners
- Experienced in working with both a technical and business context and able to translate technical concepts into easy to understand business language
- Knowledge and experience in the financial services industry is an asset
- Motivated to constantly striving to find innovative ways to enhance capability, methodology and practice
- Self-driven, motivated to excel, ability to work with minimal supervision, and maintain productivity in a fast-pace and at times high pressure environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to the changing needs of the business and communicate applicable strategies both internally and externally
- Robust organizational skills with the ability to work in a dynamic environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker, with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Experience working within Shared Services and Offshore development models.
- University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline (or equivalent)
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.