Solutions IT Architect II
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Architecture at TD Bank covers the overall technology strategy, direction, standards for designing and/or developing an architecture framework including technology architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles & standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and implemented across the organization. An Architect at TD typically develops and maintains any combination of the following:
- solution and application,
- infrastructure environment,
- technical integration,
- data strategies & models,
- and enterprise architecture.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description
The GAML IT Architect provides solution architecture and technology guidance to project delivery teams as they develop client solutions. The incumbent will have key involvement in supporting the architecture of solutions used by the Global Anti-Money Laundering (GAML) line of business. GAML is an enterprise-level organization within TD Bank that is responsible for Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) regulatory compliance and prudential risk management across the TD footprint. GAML acts as proactive and trusted advisors to TD Business Lines, while supporting a consistent, adaptable and effective culture across the organization, ensuring money laundering and terrorist financing risks are appropriately identified and mitigated.
The incumbent will provide architectural expertise & counsel to ensure technology teams and business areas understand the architectural options and technology choices. The IT Architect II will be accountable for recommended solutions that account for total cost of ownership and risk leveraging strategic Enterprise Architecture guiding principles.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Subject matter expert with knowledge related to architecture of the GAML line of business,
- Architectural specialist that can work autonomously on multiple complex and diverse projects,
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions that are constrained by tight timelines and stressful
- Foresees architectural issues & gaps and identifies their mitigations,
- Identifies emerging industry trends (i.e. future-focused),
- Influences product direction and integrates technology from an architectural perspective within the business environment.
- Fulfil IT governance,
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture, and other Architects, to provide details of technology solutions to the business partner,
- Works with external vendors and service providers as needed to ensure compliance with TD Architectural, Security, Cloud, and Data standards,
- Works closely with IT Managers and Business & Technology Solution teams to complete projects,
- Provides recommendations on value-added architectural improvements / enhancements,
- Develops end-to-end (cross platform/LOB) solution architecture for projects to address concerns/issues impacting technology areas within the Enterprise,
- Proven organizational awareness skills and desire to contribute to and drive business strategy in light of changing technologies,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to document and present complex technology in a grammatically correct way,
- Knowledge of regulatory rules and / or restrictions as they relate to TDBG,
- Strong research capabilities to find best of breed software, technology and solutions,
- In-depth knowledge in developing mission critical systems that support the 24x7 nature of our business environment,
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills,
- Deep awareness, knowledge and experience of controls & governance issues affecting LOB and IT.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- 4 year degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 10 years related industry experience required
- 10+ years' experience in Information Technology work experience within the financial services industry as a systems designer, IT infrastructure solution designer, programmer and IT Architect
- 3+ years as a Solution Architect with experience architecting many initiatives simultaneously
- Experience in data analytics, model development, data mining, data exploration, statistics, and identity linking
- Ability to serve as the top technical individual expert who can impart knowledge of architecture related to specific domains or broad range of architecture frameworks, technologies, tools, processes, procedures and broader technologies and relevant issues
- Knowledge of TD applications, programming languages, industry best practices, the business and associated standards, infrastructure and architectural design and solutions and governance
- Interest and proven ability to work autonomously as an architectural specialist on high profile, complex and high risk technology projects with significant organizational impact
- Good working experience in security architecture, PCI, Data Encryption, Data Obfuscation, TLS, IPSEC, MPLS, RBAC, Active Directory, LDAP, SSO, SAML, OAUTH2, IAM, Intrusion Detection, Vulnerability Management, Data Security
- Good working understanding of Web Services (Rest API, SOAP) - 5yrs+
- Good understanding of Hadoop, HDFS, & Hive
- Good working understanding of relational database systems: Oracle, MS SQL and DB2 Server - 5yrs+
- Good working understanding of noSQL databases: MongoDB, Cassandra
- Infrastructure, network, telecommunications, Disaster Recovery, Load Balancing, High Availability, Network Resiliency 3yrs+
- Architecture frameworks, methodologies, and tools 3yrs+
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Vendor management
- Case Management, Workflow Management
- Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Mainframe)
- Cloud (private and public)
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Integration technologies: Message bus, MQ, API, Web services, Kafka
- Technical Experience implementing software packages used to support AML/FT.
oin in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
Embrace change and witness amazing things happen - from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you've never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.