Sr. Android Developer
What is the opportunity?
RBC's Mobile Banking App is awarded the ' Highest in Customer Satisfaction'
among the Big Five Banks and is the pioneer in a number of mobile app developments earning accolades along the way - and we're just getting started! RBC's innovative and award winning Digital family is rapidly growing. If you are hungry for a High-Performance culture in a fast -paced environment and believe in your ability to deliver, this is your opportunity to be part of the Royal Bank's cool digital family.
Join the team that developed and launched innovative features like NOMI Budgets (http://www.rbc.com/newsroom/news/2019/20190425-nomi-budget.html) http://www.rbc.com/newsroom/news/2019/20190425-nomi-budget.html) and OCR Bill Pay, a patent pending invention (http://www.rbc.com/newsroom/news/2019/20190412-bill-scan.html http://www.rbc.com/newsroom/news/2019/20190412-bill-scan.html)
This role is seeking for an Android Developer who is passionate about technology and brings depth of mobile application experience. You will provide leadership, technical analysis, design and consulting skills to RBC's Digital team. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-Have's:
- Work with product owners and user experience teams to build high quality features that make users love our app by leveraging your knowledge in Android's Material Design guidelines
- Develop software that are reliable, maintainable and reusable because you have a thorough understanding of OOD principals
- Stay current and competitive by keeping up-to-date with the latest Android platform capabilities and make relevant recommendations
- Be mindful of best practices when it comes to securing data-in-transit and data-at-rest because your code protects our customer's data.
- 1+ years developing native Android applications, 3+ years of Java experience
- Thorough understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts, Android application architecture and software design patterns
- Experience with Android libraries and best practices when it comes to communicating with RESTful and SOAP webservices
- Automated testing via Junit and platform specific frameworks like Robolectric and Espresso
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate with stake-holders at different levels of abstraction (requirements, architecture and code)
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of new and upcoming sdk components in the Android space
- Good understanding of design patterns such as MVP, and how they can be applied to Android development
- Knowledge of security protocols such as OAuth and OpenID.
- Securing data using the Android Keystore
- Developing with accessibility in mind
Besides being a cool team, we thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual.
- Continued career advancement opportunities
- Exposure to strong mentorship and leadership examples
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit, collaborative team that encourages networking
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits.
- 3 weeks' vacation
DIG http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs