Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Guidewire
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Provide support and produce detailed system requirements and technical / functional specifications in alignment with standards and frameworks. Work in close partnership with business partners / technology / project teams and stakeholders to elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications. Job Description CUSTOMER:
Develop effective and efficient solutions by researching/analyzing current state system capabilities and defining technology solutions options / recommendations working closely with key technology partners (e.g. Solution Designers and Architects)
• Define, document and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications taking into account non-functional requirements
• Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing
• Support and contribute to project management activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, risks identification and mitigation measures recommendation, communicating activity status and providing timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems to the Project Manager
• Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements
• Support collaboration with key stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration
• May provide operational / process related analysis and support to various extents SHAREHOLDER:
Adhere to existing processes/standards including requirements management and project management disciplines, well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards, and business technology architecture, escalating escalate issues as required
• Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
• Continuously enhance knowledge of business domains and their products/services
• Support the development of business cases including benefits identification, RFI/RFP and service level agreements with vendors/suppliers consistent with technology requirements/guidelines EMPLOYEE / TEAM:
Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
• Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
• Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units;
• Coach new or less experienced colleagues and act as a reference for the requirements management lifecycle
• Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team BREADTH & DEPTH:
Sound to Advanced knowledge of system analysis process and techniques
• Sound to Advanced knowledge of systems and applications supported by the team including system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows, and business rule
• Advanced knowledge of enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and related expertise including design, development, testing and project management
• Sound understanding of business supported
• Performs work on all aspects of the system analyst process from end to end
• May act as a reference for Business Systems Analyst roles
• Projects are moderate to highly complex and performed under minimal management supervision
• Work may be reviewed by the Manager / Senior Analyst
• Generally reports to a Manager / Senior Manager Requirements EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• Undergraduate degree or technical certificate
•3-5 years relevant experience Additional Information
Solid experience with Guidewire applications.
PolicyCenter and BillingCenter preferred.
Office location: 320 Front street, 101 McNabb OR 50 Cremazie will be considered Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.