Sr. Director, IT Project Management
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
As the Senior Director, IT Project Management, you'll be part of the Technology & Operations group, reporting to the Vice President. You'll be responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for Technology & Operations programs assigned by the Senior or Vice President of Technology Operations. This role ensures that all deliverables align to the programs objectives and provide CIBC an opportunity to gain a strategic advantage in the marketplace. The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing programs in Technology Operations.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Infrastructure Business Services and working collaboratively with the Technology Senior Leadership Team, the Senior Director, IT Project Management will lead the project team accountable for delivering foundational services and capabilities for the Cloud in support of business initiatives.
The role ensures end-to-end delivery of the Technology & Operations program for large enterprise initiatives thereby reducing infrastructure costs enabling businesses to meet their goals and objectives. The role provides executive leadership on those unique initiatives that result in high impact; high visibility and provide critical outcomes to the organization at an enterprise level. Such programs/initiatives are typically complex, span over various business groups and over several years until outcomes are achieved. How You'll Succeed
- Leading Strategic Initiatives: Lead the development and execution of high impact and multi-year programs to contribute to business results for Technology Operations with an overall objective to reduce CIBC's Infrastructure Operating costs as well as continuously improving partner and client satisfaction through technology delivery and capability enablement.
- Program Management Expertise: Leverage a broad and deep understanding of best practices and approaches within program/project management and change management in the delivery of initiatives and to influence/refine the practice within the department.
- Strategic Relationship Management: Manage relationships with third parties (including vendors, customers, partners and service providers) to acquire timely delivery and support of technology and services to meet the needs of the program in the short and long term.
Who You Are
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking: Provide thought leadership, seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving trends. Broad analytic, problem solving and critical thinking capabilities. Strategically influence executive teams as required.
- Strong Leadership: Be a bold and authentic leader who is passionate about team building, developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. Support and mentor team members through knowledge sharing, collaboration and effective problem solving.
- You can demonstrate experience in the delivery of large & complex programs with significant strategic, business & technical components in a multi-channel, multi-product service environment. You can place an initiative in the context of the organization's overall strategy as well as customer needs. Comprehensive knowledge and experience in implementation and application of Program/Project Management discipline.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-483 Bay St, 5th floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours