Sr Manager, Performance Information Mgmt. & BI Reporting
What is the opportunity?
The Sr. Manager is responsible for the end to development of complex metrics/reporting solutions that support performance management's strategic and tactical priorities. This team supports the following applications Sales & Service Effectiveness, Performance Enablement and Performance Reporting. This role is accountable for the timely delivery of all production metrics and data solutions; as well provides investigative support as required . This role plays a critical role in the day-to-day activities that align with RBC's business strategies, outcomes, and objectives to ensure continued focus on enabling leading advice and service for RBC clients that is backed by technological and operational excellence. What will you do?
- Subject Matter Expert in data and reporting infrastructure design, configuration and optimization, providing recommendations on approach and execution.
- Responsible for the design, development, maintenance, delivery, testing and documentation of performance metrics on various platform, including design and deliver data solutions to support Incentive Design and Performance Management strategies. Including the develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for the design, build, implementation, and maintenance phases of the project and managing all aspects of implementation planning, testing and verification, and quality assurance testing
- Provide leadership and direction to agile team in creating a working environment of high expectations and commitment with focus on proactively responding with reliable, flexible and innovative technology solutions. This includes oversight of a small Offshore DNA Agile team 2 TSA, 1 QA and DA. Be proactively involved in the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of components and infrastructure supporting the application platform.
- Provide technical leadership and management of development deliverables
- Primary Fcus - maintaining data integrity f existing metrics in production - addressing fulfillment changes
- Secondary Focus - new metric development (low/medium complexity metrics)
- 3rd level supprt for investigations of Event table metrics
*This position requires occasional travel to RBC Burlington location and also has the option to work out of both Burlington & Toronto offices What do you need to succeed? Must have
- Work within an agile methodology - Leading metric discussion with Role owners and oversight of the end to end development cyle Including Refinement of metric business rules , developing metrics, running daily scrums, managing priorities and issues within the agile team, mediating and resolving conflicts to develop strong cross team cooperation
- Seek out industry trends and organization knowledge to understand alternative approaches / solutions.
- Provide integration between various authoritative sources and maintain data integrity.
- Provide support, technical guidance and support across the team
- As this is a production environment, you will be required to work some evenings & weekends
Proven leadership skills demonstrated by leading or team/project, comfortable in ambiguous environments, able to lead with little direction and set strategic goals and outcomes based on experience
Knowledgeable in system thinking, design thinking and organizational behavior with broad understanding of (OBI/Teradata/Data Lake) infrastructure technologyAbility to develop and foster teamwork. Ability to gauge state of team to drive necessary actions to improve by the ability to facilitate constructive debate and resolve disagreements and conflicts constructively
Ability to negotiate & influence key stakeholders across the organization
Considerable amount of creative, innovative and analytical thinking and problem solving with a logical approach to simplify complex processes
5 + years' experience in SQL and ETL and Data Stage Nice to have
What's in it for you?
- 3 years SaS
- Experience with SQL Server, Foundational knowledge of mainframe
- Background in QA work is an asset
- Hands-on experience in applying agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Lean Startup)
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
The pportunity to work on projects that have genuine, measurable impact: automating manual processes, re-engineering workflows and making reporting faster and more reliable.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- 4 week's vacation