Sr Technology Analyst
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic individual with a strong technology and financial management background to help implement and operationalize a Technology Business Management (TBM) solution designed to position executives with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality, and value of IT Services.
TBM provides technology leaders with standards and validated best practices to communicate the cost, quality, and value of IT investments to their business partners. In turn, IT is able to drive innovation for their organization. TBM leverages the proven and scalable Apptio SaaS platform that includes Adaptive Data Management, Model and Calculation Engine, and Self-Service Analytics in a single vertically-integrated solution.
The candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. This role will sit within the TBM Office and involves close collaboration with IT, Operations and Finance professionals at all levels within the organization. Key Accountabilities Project (Build TBM Solution)
Qualifications Knowledge & Skills
- Support and participate in the development and configuration of the Apptio Cost Transparency TBM solution
- Support the development of use cases to track financial benefit
Operational (Ongoing Run of TBM Solution)
- Management of the monthly collection of data; loading data into the solution and validating the data within the system prior to publication
- Manage data mining data issues, including tracing issues to source, investigating short/long term fix options and providing recommendations
- Gather functional and business requirements and rapidly translate that information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards, and management reports
- Collaborate with IT Executives and Finance on IT Total Cost of Ownership, financial metrics, and cost transparency initiatives.
- Support training of the TBM solution and methodology to users
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve the TBM model supporting data and dashboards rebuilding as BAU
- Keep knowledge current by using self paced training and appropriate training courses as required
- Establish strong working relationships with CIO business management teams, Finance & Controllership teams, and with other stakeholders to deliver high quality, effective, efficient support. Includes being an advocate for Technology, while maintaining the objectivity required of a control/governance function.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business or Management
- Completed or enrolled in either the CPA or an MBA program would be an asset but not required
- 3-5+ years' experience in finance/accounting in a financial reporting role
- Strong verbal and written communication and relationship management skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices, financial reporting, and financial analysis.
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
- Pro-active and energetic
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership skills - ability to lead & coach team members
- Strong Excel and data manipulation experience required
- Effectively cope with complex and ambiguous situations
- Professional team player who thrives in a dynamic environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of the Apptio Cost Transparency and/or Apptio Bill of IT solution an asset
- Previous knowledge/certification in TBM/EBM (RTBMA, ETBMA, CTBME) an asset
- Knowledge of bank systems and structure an asset
- Advanced analytical and big data analysis skills
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.