Storage Engineer II
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Engineering
covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description
The Storage Engineer will report to the Senior Manager within the Infrastructure Engineering organization. The accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Drive the development of strategies, capabilities, roadmaps, and proposals within the storage platform domain in line with the Bank's requirements and industry/market trends.
- Manage an efficient engineering process to get from requests for new storage technologies all the way through full engineering, first time build and hand-off to operational teams.
- Effectively collaborate, influence and work with other teams across engineering, build, operations, project management and lines of business.
- Leverage deep Storage technology expertise that includes Network Attached Storage (NAS), and Archival and Data Protection technologies to deliver quality designs as part of a fully integrated solution for new projects that is consistent with client requirements and project objectives following TD's technology architecture and security standards.
- Work with partners and team members within Technology to provide professional consultation services on technology best practices, standards and policies/guidelines.
- Execute strategy to steer solutions to the use of standardized design patterns across Application, Platform and Infrastructure. The incumbent will require an in-depth understanding of their business needs while identifying and leveraging synergies across the various areas.
- Coordinate and lead teams to deliver solutions in assigned functional area, meet SLA's, Interface with IT, finance, audit, business unit management and other areas of TDBFG to ensure integrated processes, efficient introduction of new technologies, retirement of obsolete technologies and support for business-led initiatives requiring the capabilities of this infrastructure.
- Ensure that all areas in the organization that provision, deploy and support the Storage technology designs have the documentation they require to effectively execute their roles for project delivery.
- Effectively identify and manage stakeholder engagement and impacts across the enterprise. Engage relevant stakeholders to review progress and obtain appropriate input, validation and approval of key decisions and design standard exceptions.
- Work with vendor platform providers and engineering peers to keep abreast of trends, products, frameworks, and applications.
- Work with other teams to design storage solutions with consideration for overall strategy, installation, setup, data migration and administration, continuously striving to provide highly available and efficient storage solutions.
- Implement best practices for storage platform technology designs i.e. upgrades, data migration plans, HA, local and remote site data replication and backup & recovery strategies.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for technology design improvements to build more robust platform domains. Review and contribute to design & build standards.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, market conditions and their impact.
- Act as thought leader, innovator and agent of change to influence and drive our Dept. strategy and proactively share knowledge with team members to further extend team capability and service excellence.
- May interact with regulatory and compliance bodies to consult on items relating to ITS technology and tools
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- 7+ years of storage management experience in large enterprises, designing, building and administering storage infrastructure solutions.
- In depth knowledge and experience with the Storage technology and its upstream/downstream interaction points across multiple platform domains and technology areas on both physical and virtualized environments.
- Experience in developing strategies, roadmaps and designs for large-scale organizations. Enabling the enterprise the ability for rapid growth and scalable solutions that do not require extensive manual intervention.
- Extensive project experience with NAS and data protection technologies including solid understanding of storage provisioning, virtualization, and performance management
- Advanced understanding of Storage Networking concepts: SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, LUN Security, SMB, NFS, object storage, data replication, virtualization, and distance extension technologies.
- Experience with hardware and software storage products and solutions, including Netapp, HDS , Commvault, and Netbackup
- Experience with storage file servers in an integrated Unix/Windows environment, preferably with Network Appliance clustered systems, Data ONTAP OS and application data management experience
- Experience with UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Proven ability to present complex technical ideas in business friendly language proven technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to isolate root causes.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to introduce new technologies, or new versions of existing technologies, into the organization.
- Design highly available storage systems that meet TD security and compliance policies required by our bank systems.
- Proven ability to collaborate across a large organization to effectively realize outcomes
- History of making an impact, developing and executing on strategies and delivering superior results in both the short and long term
- Proven ability to leverage deep subject matter expertise to develop and deploy a vision and align others to that vision. Known for providing creative thought leadership while also listening and engaging others to provide input in the shaping of that vision
- Adapt to new different or changing requirements , quickly grasp new concepts, adapt and reflect on lessons learned - comfortable with ambiguity, analyzes and evaluates, defines problem/challenge, identifies alternatives and makes timely decisions
- Exhibits comfort and maintains composure with audiences at all levels, tailors communication style and delivery to different audiences, uses effective listening skills to gain clarification from others.
- Uses knowledge of formal and informal policies and organizational interconnections to effectively navigate boundaries
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen - from the inside.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.