Requisition ID: 69261
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Data Office ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. This role provides reporting, monitoring, insights and strategic advice to the Data Office (DO) and business line teams. Working with data governance and business line teams you will use your data, visualization and insights building expertise to blend multiple data sources, including Collibra data governance tool and Information Analyzer to identify trends, reporting and opportunities.
You will work with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise to define and measure key metrics, advocate and showcase the use of data driven decision making from conception to implementation. You will contribute to the adoption of Tableau reporting across the enterprise and serve as a subject matter expert on data definitions, metrics and the data governance ecosystem at Scotiabank. Accountabilities
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Experience with Data Governance and Data Quality concepts and experience creating related dashboards / visualizations for tools such as Collibra and Information Analyzer.
- Knowledge of ETL, Data Quality and Big Data concepts such as Hadoop / Cloud architecture including Google Fusion, Information Analyzer, Data Stage.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge. Experience with direct client contact to build and maintain relationships.
- Generate impactful and interactive visualizations with value-add ideas / suggestions to further data insights.
- Take the lead on the visual design to ensure we are using best practices and that dashboards are as usable, elegant and as attractive as possible.
- Work on dashboard projects from start to finish but collaboratively with end-users
- Facilitate group meetings of various sizes for solution design, decision making, problem-solving and solution implementation.
- Determine and implement best practices to gather, model, manipulate and present data while gathering business requirements, conducting analyses and performing data cleansing
- Create and automate reports by established deadlines and on an ad-hoc basis
- Regularly demonstrate and implement numerous capabilities such as data blending, table calculations, advanced calculated fields, advanced statistical analysis, guided analytics, custom geocoding, etc.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- University degree in computer science or a quantitative field
- Proficient to Expert knowledge and demonstrated experience in Tableau development and reporting including Tableau Server configuration packaging and deployment
- Knowledge of data governance practices and tools'; specifically, Collibra
- Knowledge of ETL, Big Data, Data Quality and Cloud concepts
- Experience with creating visualizations for Collibra and Information Analyzer would be and asset
- Proficient in Excel, data cleaning and extensive experience querying databases using SQL, and familiarity with relational database concepts
- Skilled in preparing reports using key metrics and various data sources to provide actionable insights
- Self-motivated to solve problems and able to work collaboratively with other team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills and comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences including executives
- Familiarity with Hadoop and relational databases
- Experience with various reporting objects like facts, hierarchies, transformations, filters, calculated fields, sets, groups, parameters etc. as they pertain to Tableau
- Basic knowledge of Python, R, SAS or other statistical languages
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, Technology, Data