Technical Business Analyst Advisory
Requisition ID: 71191
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The GWMS Digital Client Services (DCS) value stream is undertaking a major initiative to modernize the client/account onboarding and servicing platform for Scotia Wealth Management. The group consists of 5 agile teams working closely together to deliver, support, and maintain the direct client onboarding system known as ICON, and the full-service onboarding/servicing system known as WealthOne. The role:
The Sustainment team within the DCS value stream is currently looking for a client-focused Technical Business Analyst who is motivated to design new features as well as support existing production capabilities. The successful applicant can expect to be involved with user story definition, business process change management, incident management, root-cause analysis, and post-implementation support. We are looking for an energetic and ambitious individual looking to make a difference for our clients.
The role involves working with key business stakeholders, trainers, service desk teams, technical teams, regulatory and compliance groups, and senior leadership. The role is based out of 40 King Street West Toronto and can involve occasional evening/weekend support activities. The Technical Business Analyst should be a self starter and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Individuals that demonstrate strong communication skills, a client focused mindset, and take accountability and ownership of tasks will be a great fit for the team and the position. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Gather and document requirements for enhancements and feature requests for Scotia Wealth Management onboarding and servicing applications
- Support the implementation of Scotia Wealth Management onboarding and servicing applications.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis for support tickets raised by Level 1 support teams
- Engage and collaborate with other labs and technical teams in the Digital Client Services value stream.
- Assist Scrum Master in managing the JIRA and Confluence boards, Kanban boards, and Service Now tickets.
- Participate and contribute in all team Agile ceremonies and meetings with stakeholders.
What's in it for you?
- Extensive knowledge of Wealth Management processes and technologies
- Business analysis or development experience with business process management tools such as Pega
- Skill in building strong working relationships with business, technology, compliance and regulatory teams and partners.
- Ability to articulate complex technical problems or solutions in a business friendly language.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank's Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Finance, Technology, Legal