Technical Developer (Sharepoint)
Requisition ID: 54706
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.The Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) is responsible for Portfolio Management and Project Governance policies, standards, procedures and enabling software tools. We are a team dedicated to providing oversight and delivery excellence support to a large group of global project stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a senior technical developer with strong SharePoint, HTML and O365 experience who will work as a member of a dynamic Agile team designing, developing and supporting online software tools, webpages and information repositories for our project and management stakeholders. Our SharePoint knowledge repository, the Enterprise Delivery Framework (EDF), is used globally, keeping people up-to-date on relevant policies, standards, procedures, templates and learning materials.
In collaboration with Scotiabank technical support groups and business teams, the senior technical developer will develop and implement the technology roadmap for the EPMO's information repositories, ensuring they are accessible, scalable, adhere to technology standards and meet U/X and U/I requirements. Our team is creatively applying new technologies to improve the User Experience.
If you're passionate about designing and developing innovative and scalable software solutions embracing U/X experience principles to enhance the experience of our global stakeholders, then this is the place for you!
• Build and manage the EPMO's technology roadmap - you'll identify, design, develop and implement a new generation of knowledge repositories, ensuring quality and adherence to standards
• Interface with technical and non-technical team members answering any questions they may have
• A self-starter and technical leader with excellent problem-solving skills
• A creator, influencer and leader who keeps current with industry technology trends - you're passionate about continuous self-learning and sharing of new SharePoint Online capabilities
• Be able to push yourself and team members to ensure that goals are met
• Ability to provide time estimates for your work and hit deadlines in an agile environment
Are you the right person for the role?
• At least 5 years proven experience with SharePoint Online (Classic & Modern View development), HTML, Office365
• Creation & management of Web Parts and App Parts, for Admin tools and User facing UX/UI
• Experience using JIRA and Confluence for daily team task management
• Technical leadership developing specialized business solutions from high level requirements, through to implementation into production, incorporating stakeholder feedback and technical standards
• Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent education/experience
What's in it for you?
• The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
• A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives
• A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
• Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills
• A competitive compensation and benefits package
• An organization committed to making a difference in our communities - for you and our customers
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Developer, Computer Science, Database, Java, SQL, Technology