Technology Early Talent Development Program - Business Analyst (June 2020)
New Grad Technology Rotation Program - Business Analyst (June 2020) - Multiple Opportunities
Want to change the way the world banks? Our two-year year New Grad Technology Rotational Program is the perfect place to start. This program provides a unique opportunity for you to learn all about all components of the Software Lifecycle, as well as gain unique experience in different functional areas within North America Commercial Banking (NACB) and Capital Markets.
Throughout the two-year program, we will be there to help you grow as one of BMO's future leaders. You will be matched with a trusted mentor, and presented with endless amounts of immersive learning and training opportunities to enable your success at the bank! As part of this program, you will be able to focus on specific technology functions, in addition to rotating across multiple segments (Fixed Income, FX and Commodities, Equity and Research, Investment and Corporate Banking, NACB).
Sound exciting? There are 2 opportunity streams in this rotational program. Please apply for the stream(s) that best suits your skillset and interest:
• Business Stream - Business Analyst
• Technical Stream - Developer
As a Business Analyst New Grad, you will be a key driver of Technology and Innovation at BMO and will have the opportunity to ideate, communicate, and deliver technology solutions for multiple lines of business. Our Business Analysts work in integrated and agile environments to enhance and deploy solutions in Trading Products, Investment and Corporate Banking, Commercial Lending and Enterprise Risk Management functions.
Within the Business Analyst Rotation stream, you'll be expected to:
• Liaise with stakeholders to better understand problems, and opportunity areas. Think from a customer and end user perspective, and recommend tech forward solutions and process efficiencies
• Stay abreast with industry trends, emerging technologies and tools and strengthen BMO's overall capabilities to serve end customers.
• Communicate with BMO's business partners, understand their core value propositions, and work closely with the development teams to solve problems and build sustainable technology solutions.
• Builds exceptional relationships with Business Partners and Technology colleagues.
• Analyze data, create documents and artifacts to inform, advise, or update stakeholders.
• Align technology requirements to a real business needs and outcome.
• Employ various techniques to ensure deliverables meet business needs - pre and post build
• Employ advanced negotiation skills to drive prioritization and focus towards defined business outcomes Qualifications What else makes you a great fit?
• You can translate Analytics - we will need you to draw on your domain knowledge to help BMO's business leaders identify and prioritize business problems. These may be opportunities within a single line of business (e.g., improving product quality in within & across organizations)
• You are skilled in Project Management - Demonstrate the ability to manage projects concurrently. Ability to understand what kind of development processes fit the scope of clients' objectives
• You're excited to solve complex problems - Demonstrate superior problem solving skills by understanding the root cause and helping the group see the larger picture and focusing on the end objective
• You love to learn new programs and applications. You're curious, innovative, and forward thinking!
• Nice to have Technical skills - SQL, Python, R, Ruby, Data Science skills, Microsoft Office Suite
Let's Stay Connected!
To stay up-to-date with BMO Campus Recruitment, follow us on Twitter @BMOonCampus and Instagram @BMO_on_Campus .
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together,innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day.Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.