The successful candidate will be comfortable working in an agile environment. Primary focus will be to develop, test, maintain and improve applications. As a vital member of our dynamic team, you will be responsible for full stack web development, creating responsive web applications. Qualifications Qualifications Knowledge:
Nice to Have Skills
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with developing web applications
- 2+ years of AngularJS (1.x) and/or Angular (2+)
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs
- Intermediate understanding of responsive/mobile-first design, web standards, UI/UX best practices
- Major must have: Experience working with Angular 2 applications (other single page framework experience also an asset)
- Understanding of Accessibility best practices, standards and testing on different devices
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git, SVN)
- Experience working with data-handling using AJAX, JSON, and REST API
- Familiar with build tools
- Understanding of client-side performance and browser performance profiling
- Familiar with front-end testing and debugging tools (Chrome Developer Tools, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of client-side performance analysis and optimization techniques
- Experience with Google Analytics and GTM
- Experience with solving cross-browser compatibility issues
- Development of bilingual sites
- Experience with web accessibility
- Java or other backend experience
We're here to help
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal; is comfortable speaking not just with team members and can explain complex concepts simply and concisely
- Is a team player who is willing to share knowledge and make the effort to document findings for the team's benefit
- Has the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Can work with minimal supervision and is flexible and a fast learner
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of Agile development methodology
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.