User Experience Designer, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 66976
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As a UX Designer for Scotiabank's Authenticated online banking, you will be part of a team that is building on a platform that touches over 3 million users. You will also help contribute to the design thinking of our web platform as we begin to modernize the web experience for our customers, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles, your intuitive design sense and the support of a diverse and talented community of designers, product owners and engineers. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Influence the design decisions for digital experiences that touch millions of users every day.
- Meticulously consider user interactions and journeys and act as an advocate for the constant improvement of both.
- Produce compelling designs to illustrate concepts iteratively and to be able to provide detailed specifications for software developers.
- You will drive customer testing and incorporate customer research and insights.
- You will demonstrate leadership by acting as design owner within your scrum through the conception, build and release of software features.
- Synthesize research outcomes into viable product experiences.
- You will exercise a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end technologies and will factor it into your work limitations and constraints knowing when to push boundaries.
- Advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
- Provide feedback to other Designers at different levels of experience.
- Perform in an open environment, striving to be persuasive and engaging while being self-driven.
What's in it for you?
- A minimum of 2 + years of experience designing responsive web and/or native mobile software applications.
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience).
- Ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques.
- A portfolio of work (professional and personal) which showcases the projects you have worked on and includes examples of your story-telling skills, from low-fidelity sketches through to detailed designs.
- A demonstrable history of applying design thinking tenants and user centered design principles to challenges at work or in everyday life.
- Mastery of Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite, along with proficiency in prototyping software (Invision, Axure, Proto.io, etc.)
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner.
- Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
- Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints.
- Ability to work within a brand and style toolkit with a desire to push existing standards to the next level.
- A fast learner who has an appetite to learn what's behind both simple and complex financial solutions.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Developer, Healthcare, Finance, Technology, Research