The Public Markets Group manages a portfolio of fixed income, equity and absolute return investments representing approximately $105 billion utilizing both index and active management strategies. The Group invests in Canada, the U.S. and Internationally in both the developed and emerging markets. Assets are managed using both internal management and external managers. The Group uses a diverse mix of financial instruments including bonds, equities and derivatives. In addition, the Group is a leader in Responsible Investing actively integrating environmental, social and governance factors into our investment analysis and decision-making.
Based in our offices in Victoria, British Columbia, and reporting to the Manager, Operations, Public Markets, the Senior Analyst, Operations will be part of a small and growing team supporting the execution of Public Markets’ strategy. The Senior Analyst, Operations will be responsible for Portfolio Management and Trading support including analytics, execution support, and investment support. The successful candidate will play a role as the interface between Public Markets Portfolio Managers and Traders and BCI’s internal business partners with regards to key functions. They will assist in the implementation of new technology solutions and initiatives, and work with internal and external BCI partners to execute on Public Markets’ strategy.
• University or College degree in a relevant discipline
• 4-6 years of relevant experience successfully working in business analysis and investment support or similar role, preferably within large institutional investment organizations or related technology industry
• Ability to translate business needs into technical specifications
• Technical competencies in front-office technology solutions, specifically Bloomberg AIM, is a must
• In-depth knowledge of public markets products and their trade lifecycle, including equities, fixed income, FX, listed and OTC derivatives
• Experience with financial instruments valuation, performance measurement and risk calculation is an asset
• Work experience or exposure to Agile and Scrum as well solid understanding of project lifecycle
• Strong technical expertise including familiarity with programming (R, Python, SQL) and business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI) would be preferred
• Demonstrated ability to collaboratively engage staff and stakeholders
• Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Energetic and enthusiastic team player, capable of working both independently and in a team environment
• Strong attention to detail for accuracy and initiative to follow up on items and get things done
• Assist in the project assessment, design, delivery, monitoring, and governance of new tools, business solutions and infrastructure to support Public Markets strategy
• Apply investment and technological knowledge in design of business solutions
• Gather business requirements, develop solutions with internal and external stakeholders, review and conduct testing, implement solutions, and conduct user training and provide ongoing support
• Support the review and continuous improvement and re-engineering of existing processes and procedures and the implementation of new processes as applicable
• Provide portfolio management and trading support including customized reporting, analytics, and execution support
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of Public Markets investment strategies, processes, and changing technologies to be able to provide effective business solutions and support
• Interface between Public Markets, external service providers and internal business partners and stakeholders
• Mobilize cross-functional teams across the business, to align and optimize processes and technology in support of Public Markets’ strategy
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To learn more about this position and apply, go to https://careers.bci.ca/res_joblist.html https://careers.bci.ca/res_joblist.html.
BCI provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health & wellness plans, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at https://www.bci.ca/careers/ https://www.bci.ca/careers/.