Information Risk Manager - Vice President - Beijing/Shanghai
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking financial services for consumers and small businesses commercial banking financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
This is an experienced VP level role for a ISM (Information Security Manager) based in Beijing or Shanghai providing IT Risk leadership for JPMC's franchise in China. Key for this role:
- Extensive Risk Management experience and knowledge in financial institution.
- Extensive experience presenting risk and control agenda to senior management.
- Regulatory experience within Asia Pacific in a risk and control function, experience dealing with Chinese regulators (CSRC and CBIRC) preferred
- Process improvement and project management experience.
- Application Risk and Control specialist (alternative - Operational Risk or Information Security experience and knowledge with highly analytical skills).
- Deep understanding of business knowledge in financial markets.
- Manage and monitor the IT Risk posture for our China franchise providing management with transparency over what these risks are and how they can be addressed.
- Coordinate or participate all relevant IT Risk activities (e.g. regulatory inspections and assessments control testing monitoring reporting, internal audits and remediation activities).
- Act as a subject matter expert in relation to IT Risk Control and Security.
- Develop and maintain strong business and technology relationships become a trusted partner as well as foster collaborative relationships with various Lines of Business operating in China, Corporate functions such as Audit Corporate IT Risk and Global Technology Infrastructure.
- Participate in or lead programs to improve or remediate the control environment across our China franchise.
- Interpret regulatory requirements and corporate policies communicate these clearly alongside current status and provide oversight of compliance as required.
- 10+ years IT experience, the majority of which should be in front office technology at a financial institution.
- 3 years' experience in IT Risk and Control or Information Security role preferably in the financial services sector.
- Demonstrated experience working with the regulators in China articulate in local regulations and laws pertaining to IT Risk is preferred.
- Stakeholder engagement skills, including ability to influence senior management.
- A demonstrable track record of successfully working with poorly defined problems and drive change.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong decision making capability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Extensive experience in technology or IT risk management preferably for financial institution and/or strong background in IT Risk Advisory.
- Demonstrated capability of designing and implementing cross-functional programs; strong project management skills.
- Track record of implementing successful risk or technology management solutions.
- Track record of developing and maintaining senior-level stakeholder relationships.
- Industry qualification e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC.