Branch Operations Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role:
Support LM in daily work oversight at branch level and be responsible for transaction authorization within authority to ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness in transaction process (client transaction, bank internal posting etc), branch administration control, due diligence in SOD (start of day) and EOD (end of day), documentation management in line with bank various standard/DOI/manual where applicable as well as keep high class of service level to our clients during services/transactions handling Key Responsibilities/Challenges: Business performance
Operations, Conduct and Risk Control
- Support LM to achieve business target through good quality in transaction execution and client centric services
- Support LM to drive, execute business strategy focus and initiatives for better working effecicency and effectiveness
- Find service improvement opportunity for better working efficiency and effectiveness
Client Centric Services in Operations
- Acknowledge and follow bank job rotation policy/procedure that working location will be subject to detail arrangemnet on due with no objection
- Perform transaction authorization including system operations, doucment checking, compliance operations and document management based on bank internal rules/group standard/regulatory requiremnts, authorized limit and delegation at the bank
- Work with Senior Teller to manage branch valult cash to ensure physical cash always reconcile with PSGL at any time as well as branch control documents management to ensure physical control documents always reconcile with PSGL at any time in addition to counter daily operations
- Support LM in execution of all adminstraction control and standard at branch to ensure no execution expections
- Complete regulatory required reportings timely and accurately to ensure the report follows regulatory requirements with no exception
- Support Line Manager achieve good MCA rating in branch audit
- Timely escalate any exception observed or detect to LM or concerned channel
- Adhere to bank Conduct Plan, and all control and assurance mechanisms to comply with all internal and external standards and policies in executions
- Adhere to laws and regulations, internal risk (including FCC risks as anti-money laundry, sanction, anti-bribery & corruption), compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct; Well manage client complaints & CDD
- Maintain and enhance sufficent awareness of operational risk management through training / accreditation as well as uplift the bar of risk control awareness and prioritize risk identification and mitigation in daily operation
- Contribute to local management team in developing strong relationships with local government and regulators where applicable to enhance the profile of the Bank
- Embed client centric mind in daily operation as well as to maintain up best in class front-line service
- Continue to advocate human banker and client centric service mindset in service staff for enriching internal and external customer experience
- Achieve client satisfaction in daily branch services and operations
- Build SCB a great place to work and improve MyVoice & eNPS score
Customer Right Protection
- Actively participate in various training programs arranged by the bank and keep self-learning on the laid down procedures/manuals and local regulation
- Actively participate in various campaigns related to service team and achieve the target
- Develop multi-product knowledge and job skills to support different segments and sales channels
- Fully understand the importance of Consumer Rights Protection, prevent damage to consumers' best interest
- Implement regulatory requirements related to Consumer Rights Protection, ensure to complete relevant trainings
- Always eembed Consumer Rights Protection mindset when performing daily work
- A university degree with 3-4 years of related banking experience with cash handling skills and knowledge prevails
- Solid knowledge of bank products and services and banking procedures, equities markets, unit trusts and other personal investment services
- A team player who shows initiative and assertiveness
- Self-motivator who is keen to upgrade, improve personal knowledge and skills to meet job requirements
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Mandarin.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.