Analyst (Chemicals - Database Management)
Specific Job Duties
- Research and update information about Chinese chemical manufacturing companies including the English name and ownership of the manufacturing company, plant locations, and specific chemicals made at each site
- Collaborate with global IHSM Chemical product experts to validate plant capacity information.
- Research producers, plant locations and capacity data for IHSM Chemical projects. Projects may include research about production units both in China and internationally
- Monitor trade literature for changes to company information (e.g., company name, ownership, plant locations, chemicals manufactured, start-ups, expansions, closures, etc.)
- Research company Websites and other resources for updates or to develop new company listings
- Review internal IHSM Chemical data sources for new and updated information
- Update IHSM Chemical ChemAssets database to reflect changes. Efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail are essential since data changes will go live to clients on a daily basis.
- Organize research material for quality control and to back-up database changes
- Respond quickly to questions needed for client inquiries or upcoming IHSM Chemical publication deadlines
- Ensure that client deliverables are of the highest quality and completed according to schedule
Bachelor's degree. Science degree (Chemistry or Biological Sciences preferred) or equivalent experience a plus. Required Experience
: 1-3 years of full-time working experience, preferably in a detailed oriented environment. Other Skills
- Excellent English language skills (verbal, reading, written)
- Fluent Chinese language skills. Ability to translate to English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to document research
- Ability to multi-task
- Be flexible in assignments
- Strong analytical skills
- Works well in a global team environment
- Microsoft Office: A working knowledge of MS Word and Excel is required
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.