Proterra Investment Partners (“Proterra”) is a global alternative investment manager focused on private equity investments in the natural resource sectors of agriculture, food and metals & mining. Proterra operates from a head office in Minneapolis (United States) and has field offices in São Paulo, London, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, and Sydney. For the China market, we are seeking an Investment Associate, based in Shanghai, to support the existing team in aspects of the private equity investment process and post-investment management. This position will support key fund processes, including investment opportunity evaluation, due diligence and transaction execution; and portfolio monitoring and management.
Responsibilities will comprise the following broad areas:
- Support investment sourcing activities, including investment screening, desktop due diligence, industry research, meeting with management teams;
- Construct, review and maintain detailed financial/operating models for existing portfolios and potential investments;
- Assist in transaction execution including drafting investment memoranda, conducting due diligence, and preparing investment documentation;
- Assist in the development of investments post-funding, including provision of functional support and provision of observations and recommendations from time to time;
- Ongoing monitoring and enhancement of portfolio company investments, including interaction with management and completion of quarterly reporting;
- Assist in the preparation of fund or portfolio company marketing documents.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in finance, economics, or other quantitative field;
- 3-6 years of private equity, consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy/development experience;
- Solid understanding of accounting, financial analysis, and financial modeling;
- Fluent in English & Chinese (spoken and written). Proven communication skills for Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (creating and editing marketing materials, investment memorandums, and miscellaneous presentations);
- Proven ability to independently conduct industry research through desktop research or other means;
- High degree of personal integrity, self-motivation, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a dynamic, high-energy, high-performing team environment.