About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. Retail, WM & PvB program of work covers treasury, Securities, Investment and Portfolio product sets in 32+ countries.
Our GCNA (Greater China and North Asia) SWAT team is seeking multiple Full Stack Engineers to join the high-performing team in Shanghai. The candidate must be a skilled professional with E2E software development experience with a desire to work in an Agile, dynamic and flat organizational structure. As a Full Stack Engineer, you would be required to analyze, design build, and document technology solutions required in all Consumer Bank segments (Retail, SME, and Priority & Private). Objectives :
Candidate Requirements: Educational Level:
- Work with business stakeholders & domain business analysts to define end to end solution
- Map user requirements to the technology solution and down to components
- Challenge processes (where necessary) to reduce differences to standard operating model
- Design, build, and implement technology solutions appropriate to meet the operational and business/functional requirements defined, and at the same time enforce
- Reusability of the components
- Single solution cross countries/languages/segments/products, while limiting manual operations to the minimum
- Help to maintain requirement traceability matrices that can support test phases
- Help to maintain change and risk registers against the defined requirements and solution
- Ensure strong collaboration with other engineering and design teams
- Prepare fit for purpose analysis & build documentation for handover to QA and Support staff
- Delivery of end to end technology solution in line with architectural design
- Promote adoption and rollout of Agile and modern software engineering practices;
- Reduce defects and change requests during test phases of projects by ensuring requirement and designs are completed comprehensively
- Collaborate with other operational, product, technology teams to get the best possible outcome for the bank
Experience/Background (i.e. what is essential/preferred and number of year's experience):
- Master or Bachelor Degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics or related fields
- Business English (verbal and written)
- Chinese language (verbal and written)
- Scrum Master certification would be preferable.
- Proven digital project experience in application delivery.
- Proven experience in integration of complex systems or software applications.
- Proven ability to drive innovative software engineering practices and architecture design.
- Proven ability to influence others for a common goal in a large organization.
- 5-7+ years in defining and implementing (with production deployment) technology solutions, preferably in implementing international, cross-border front to back solutions, spanning from the most modern Java technologies to old large-scale core banking systems
- Good understanding of the Financial products in the retail & wealth management area, engineering (product set up), booking model and process, regulatory backgrounds, valuation. In-depth knowledge of structured or derivatives and securities instruments, the underlying cashflow, valuation, trading and settlement is a plus.
Computer Software/Languages/Other Requirements:
- Must have strong sense of responsibility/ownership
- High learning aptitude, able to learn new products and technology very quickly
- Must be an effective communicator with business English literacy, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills, and excellent communication and presentation skills
- A team player who enjoys working with people on all levels as well as being able to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of Java development techniques and environments
- Full software development lifecycle experience in a mature CI/CD environment
- Programming languages (Java, Python)
- Service or MicroService architecture (REST and SOAP)
- Frameworks (Spring, Spring boot, Cucumber, Camel, Apache CXF, JMS )
- UI development (Ember2, Angular2, ReactJs, HTML5, CSS )
- Build automation tools (Ant, Maven,Gradle )
- TDD, BDD, performance and Security testing for mobile and web
- In depth Knowledge of Client side MvC (like Ember, AngularJS). SpringBoot, DevOps tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Maven and or Gradle, distributed caching like Hazelcast, Redis. (3-5 years experience at various level)
- Databases, software algorithms and design patterns
- Application server (Jboss, Tomcat)
- Knowledge of Openshift stack, Kubernetes or similar containerization framework.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.