Production Support Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Logging, Co-ordination & escalation of issues and incidents - logged in Remedy
- Track incidents and provide regular updates to users on request status and progress.
- Trouble shooting - log file investigation and extract details for review
- Follow escalation procedures during outages and ensure root-cause analysis is performed.
- Trend analysis, Incidents resolutions, Root Cause Analysis and Regular Reporting to identify areas for review for improvement
- Supply agreed metrics, KPI's and trend reporting
- Oversee End of Day batches and troubleshoot to resolve failures.
- Escalate issues with any delays from upstream applications
- Escalate issues to the 2nd / 3rd line teams to keep within SLA.
- Act as a co-ordination point where there are complex / multiple areas affected by an incident / issue
- Ensure all new deployments have supplied correct documentation and training
- Maintain the support documentation to ensure all areas in scope are current and accurate
- Proactive approach to technology related activities
- Highlight user training and education needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Should have relevant experience in systems and users support for the Investment Banking industry.
- Strong team player, effective in communicating internationally and used to working closely with clients.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver excellent results.
- Ability to multi task and work across different applications supported within the Financial Markets world.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a quick self learner and possess ability to work remotely and independently.
- Demonstrated proficiency in most of the following:
- Oracle (9i or higher)
- Scripting languages
- Candidates with expert knowledge in Unix and Java programming would be highly preferred.
- Knowledge of multi tier systems in general (Application server, middleware, backend)
- Understanding of Web based technologies
- Understanding of Networks
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.