Systems Engineer - Windows
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. Core Engineering provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience. Foundational Infrastructure, within Core Engineering, is responsible for the mission critical production platforms of the firm including * Private and public Cloud computing platform * Distributed scheduling * Entitlements platform * Security and critical infrastructure services * Linux and Windows engineering * Core data center platforms including network and storage * China Goldman Sachs business is headquartered in Beijing with significant presence in Shanghai and Shenzhen. Core Engineering has staff in Beijing and Shanghai and provide technical support across all business in China leveraging our global team as required. This role reports locally into China Core Engineering and regionally into product managers. We are looking for Systems Engineer - Major Windows Minor Linux to provide 1st and 2nd level in-country support across Windows and Linux. As part of the local China Core Engineering, Foundational Infrastructure team they will liaise with global counterparts in Windows and Linus teams to undertake 1st and 2nd level support in-country. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Day to day technology system support and troubleshooting
• Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Participate in system design consulting, platform management and capacity planning.
• Work with China and regional technology teams on project implementation
• Interact with the global engineering teams to ensure solutions satisfy the requirements of the local businesses and regulations including but not limited to usability, productivity and control SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3 or more years of experience in a relevant role (DevOps, Reliability Engineering, Systems Administration, etc)
• Good knowledge of Windows and Linux platform running key business applications
• Experience with Windows systems management and patch management technologies and support
• Experience with various enterprise products: Windows Server, VDI (Citrix, View, RDS), Virtualization (Hyper V, vSphere), System Center (SCCM, SCOM), OS Deployment, Group Policy, WSUS
• Extensive experience with one or more scripting technologies and experience of automating / scripting tasks: PowerShell, VBS, SQL, Windows Batch
• Experience with supporting scalable and secure infrastructure solution involving DMZ Environment
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly available and mission critical service Preferred Qualifications
• Enterprise-level Financial Services experience is preferred
• Team player who is able to work in a fast paced, environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (English/Chinese)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements
• Knowledgeable in other areas of technology networking, hardware, etc
• Experience with public cloud environments (AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent) ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.