Technology - System Engineer, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
ESM (Enterprise System Management) group within Application Infrastructure is looking for a motivated and hands-on system administrator to join a newly established ESM China team. The successful candidate will work independently to design and implement the IT Service Management platform in China. This platform, likely to be hosted on a dedicated new instance of ServiceNow will support the regional needs for IT Service Management ticketing systems such as service desk/customer service, service catalog, incident and problem management, change management and technology asset inventory management/CMDB. Qualifications:
- Prior experience as a generalist system administrator for at least 5 years
- Ability to work independently with minimal high level direction
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Proficiency in automating tasks via scripting
- Ability to work with customers, gather requirements and create solutions independently
- Excellent problem solving skills, in particular a methodical approach to dealing with problems across distributed systems.
- ServiceNow Admin and ServiceNow developer training and certification a plus
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl or Python, especially under Unix/Linux
- ITIL experience or certification is a plus