Assistant Manager - CDD Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Responsible for the supervision of CDD Execution Team
Manage CDD team to ensure effective delivery for the entire segment for CDD compilation, renewal and rectification.
- Liaise closely with Legal and Compliance to ensure appropriate standards for the Business agreed and maintained
- Manage, train and develop a team of CDD to deliver superior outcomes
- Prioritize workload on a risk basis to ensure effective completion
- Liaison with Tech Support team for System related issues.
People and Talent
- Ensure effective links between RM teams/ FCR /Internal Stakeholders
- Maintain CDD rejection rates within agreed threshold. Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager
- Overall control and monitoring to ensure all products are processed according to standard operating
- Establish and m aintain the discipline of the whole team , and comply with Management Manual.
- Ensur e the process and migration documentation are appropriately produced and maintained up to date.
- Manage and ensure all migrations are smoothly taken over, and deliver effective communication with stakeholders.
- Regular review team performance with direct reports, Hub management team and Bank stakeholders.
- Participate in the setting of objectives for direct reports , and provide coaching to them to ensure high performance.
- Effectively manage performance, risk, cost and attrition of whole department.
- Provide Department Management with all required management reports for the team.
- Pr epare dashboard report on monthly basis.
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Ensure Department is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address financial crime risks.
- Ensure staff in Department have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Maintain oversight of risk mitigating action plans.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Anticipate horizon risks in the area of financial crime that may have a significant impact on the Group and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of AML/Sanctions risks identification and assessment methodologies.
Key Stakeholders Other Responsibilities
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in all Group Businesses.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.