About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The purpose of the role is to provide Business Analysis to the Financial Markets Technology group, focusing on Risk. The initial assignment will consist in on-boarding the Market Data Store (MDS) project.
SABRE is the sole FM cross asset risk management platform (Standard Chartered Analytics Booking and Risk Engine) and delivers consolidated risks primarily to Structure and Derivatives traders within the Front Office.
The current investments into the platform sponsor the following objectives:
The objective of this project is to re-engineer and strengthen the market and reference data sourcing controls. The objectives of the project include use of curves marked by traders as the ones for official use, provide intra-day bond prices into MDS, provide hardware required to replace end-of-life MDS hardware, and maintain MDS spoke capacity.
This role consists business analysis, delivery management, and project management to:
- Provide capture market data for P&L and risk calculations, which meet regulatory requirements,
- Create a common approach and infrastructure for intra-day market data and sourcing for end-of-day requirements.
- Deliver ongoing functional change on the SABRE MDS platform.
- Deliver performance and infrastructure improvements on the platform.
It is currently a team of ~28 people and affects all functions, FM Front Office (incl. Quants), Middle Office, Market Risk, Valuation Control, Product Control, Technology and Back Office.
The job purpose consist in:
The Role Responsibilities
- Building strong, effective relationships with both the business and technology teams, across global offices.
- Collaborating with all control functions to gather requirement, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions in consultation with the technology teams.
- Being a creative source of proposals and channeling user aspiration towards sustainable and future proof solutions
- Deliver functional consistency across the various projects by influencing architecture and design decisions
- Translating and documenting business requirements
- Working across asset classes FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities (both structured and flow)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understand the user's requirements and translate into competent future state models, questioning and challenging assumptions and status quo
- Propose relevant solutions and alternatives to meet business needs
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders
- Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements
- Ensure the overall quality of business requirements, functional specifications and other supporting documents meet the bank's standards
- Work proactively with fellow BAs and other team members, ensuring work is proportionally distributed and targets are met
- Ensure documents such as functional specs support the development of practical technology solutions and suitable test cases
- Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g. reviewing of test cases, close out open issues/questions, manage change request process etc.
- Assist the business with UAT, including communication, planning, preparation and test case preparation
- Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to PMs and business stakeholders in a timely manner
- Work closely with project and programme managers to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managed
- Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
- Strong understanding of the Business Analysis process is a must.
- Extensive derivatives knowledge across asset classes encompassing product knowledge, pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle.
- Quantitive finance understanding, ability to liaise with quantative analysts on pricing and risk topics
- Proven ability to work across business streams and have exposure to front to back system implementation.
- Good understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, functional programming and architecture. Strong technical acumen is a big plus.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile development practices would be desirable.
- Knowledge or experience as a Scrum Master would be desirable.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative.
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation.
- Ability to drive multiple agenda and effectively manage priorities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English are a must.
- Multicultural awareness.
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.