About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Business Processes
People and Talent
- Follow the DOI and SLM to process NAV valuation .
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm
- Support and facilitate Peer Reviews and Best practice sharing across countries
- To ensure all control/operating procedure and documentations are properly followed
- To ensure compliance to all established procedures, regulations and the group guidelines
- To keep track of changes of internal and external affecting clients and communicate such changes, along with impact analysis, on a pro-active basis, through newsflashes, market insights, operations guides and through other routine communication
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased
Key Stakeholders Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- University graduate with a degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
- 3 to 5 years' relevant work experience in fund valuation / administration at fund house or local bank etc. with a good understanding on the fund valuation, custody and compliance monitoring
- Hold local "The securities qualification certificate" ( 证券从业资格证 ) and "Fund qualification certificate" ( 基金从业资格考试 )
- Good knowledge on stock-connect; bond-connect and various derivatives and performance fee calculation
- Good attention to detail with high levels of accuracy and excellent self-study ability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and able to handle variety of fast changing situations in terms of work pressure and clients' requirements
- Strong communication and good mindset in client servicing with problem solving skills
- Good inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to adapt these to work with both external and internal clients
- The ability to adhere to established procedures but also to think proactively and to communicate suggested procedural changes
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills - written and oral in both Chinese and English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.