Officer/Analyst - Customer Due Diligence
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for the CDD per bank CDD requirement
- To ensure compliance with the Money Laundering Prevention Policy/Guideline/Procedure and the Code of Conduct;
- Maker to perform CDD (Customer Due Diligence) making process according to Group standards and country specific regulations;
- Checker to perform CDD (Customer Due Diligence) review checking process according to Group standards and country specific regulations. Provide quality control assurance for the completeness of CDD records and compliance with the Standards.
- Support RM in generating CDD records that are consistent with the Standards and any additional local regulatory requirements. Also manage and assist the RMs with CDD Reviews.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To report and escalate any potential risk identified as part of daily BAU (Business as Usual);
- To ensure no breach of SLA (Service Level Agreement);
- To control and enhance efficiency and quality as per team requirements and job objective;
- To ensure the attendance of meeting and training which are arranged.
- To maintain a good working relationship within and outside the team.
- To support the Management' in daily BAU (Business as Usual).
- To support the Management or Team on required activities.
Key Stakeholders Other Responsibilities
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Continuous Review and Monitoring team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in all Group Businesses.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.