My client is a financial risk management advisory firm, who provide consultancy services to insurance companies, banks and investment managers globally. They are looking to recruit a consultant who is fluent in English & Greek to support an on-site client inspection team who are reviewing an institution's Internal Governance and Risk Management business.
* The assessment will include:
o General requirements on Internal Governance and Risk Management.
o Risk Control Function.
o Compliance Function.
o Internal Audit Function.
* The services to be provided will focus on the Risk Management Framework (including policies, procedures, limits and controls), risk strategy, risk appetite and the efficiency of the risk control function.
* The successful candidate will be expected to use a variety of inspection techniques including, but not limited to, observation, information verification and analysis and targeted interviews.
* Mainly engaged on the assessment of the Risk management framework and the supporting control functions. Indicatively and not limited to, the contractor will have to assess:
o That a robust risk management framework is in place.
o Independency from the business lines. Risk appetite framework considers all material risks to which the firm is exposed - adequately and independently identified, measured, monitored, limited and reported. Risk appetite and risk strategy are consistent and both are implemented accordingly.
o Risk appetite framework is forward-looking and in line with the strategic planning horizon.
o Risk strategy considers the financial resources of the Bank.
o Control processes are actually applied in practice.
o Sufficiency of resources, etc.
* Focus on the Wealth Management Division due to its importance to have strong controls in place to mitigate risks. Tasks will include the assessment of existing policies, processes and existing controls, products offered to clients and the materiality of risks, with a view to off-balance risks due to investments performed on behalf of the clients, which may imply an increased exposure to compliance risk if there are missing controls.
Skills & Experience:
* Generic knowledge of Banking concepts (Risk Management)
* Advanced Technical knowledge of Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Internal Control Framework and Private Banking.
* Advanced knowledge of the following legal and benchmark references (indicatively):
o CRD IV, Articles 74 (1), 76 , 88 (1).
o CRR, Articles 189, 293, 435.
o EBA 2017/11, EBA Guidelines on Stress testing, BCBS corporate governance principles (2015).
o FSB "Principles for an effective risk appetite framework".
* Microsoft office (word, excel), familiarity with macros, linked tables and data manipulation.
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: