Roles & responsabilities :
You will be part of the Global Investment Operations team and will be responsible of leading two dynamic European Teams of around 12 employees:
- Corporate Actions & Reconciliation Team Europe ( 8 people )
- Middle Office - Trade Support Europe Team ( 5 People )
You will be responsible for overseeing/ coordinating the effective management of the TPLC Team in Europe with teams mainly spread between Paris & London. You will proactively/actively ensure that the business requirements and the on-boarding of new clients and strategies are addressed in a timely, efficient and compliant way.
Business as Usual Excellence :
• Ensure appropriate oversight functions on our external Middle Office providers including stable Business as usual activity, review meetings, status reports and issue logs reviews.
• Sustainable countermeasures and initiatives along the Front & Middle Office value chain in the event of losses in quality from our external providers.
• Well balanced consideration of client, distribution and profitability / cost aspects.
• Appropriate proposals and implementation of measures to increase efficiency.
• Support of cross-functional initiatives and projects.
• Drive delivery of internal KPIs within functional area (productivity, quality, efficiency)
• No negative persistent abnormalities or audit findings.
• Leading & Supporting change initiatives or Projects to continuously improve quality of service and increase efficiency.
Leadership & Team Development :
• Provide proper/accurate learning opportunities for employees that match with their development needs.
• Coach & mentor top performers for further development.
• Take responsibility and prompt action to ensure all targets are running on time, within budget and in line with strategic goals.
• Drive performance orientation within the team (meritocracy) and consequent and explicit addressing and management of performance and engagement issues within teams.
• Establish stable and sustainable team structures within the Hub and in conjunction with the satellite domiciles including sub-structures for focal tasks and representation regulations (substitution) to cope with the increased workload and complexity in Europe.
• Comply with / align with headcount budgets.
• Address poor performance / performance issues ( in a clear and swift manner)
Experience, Qualifications and Skills :
• You have a higher education degree in Business or Finance, and over 5 years’ experience in the asset management industry with confirmed and strong managerial skills.
• You have minimum 3 year experience in Leadership or Team Management.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. English is mandatory both verbal and written.
• Strong problem solving ability with analytical skills and logical thinking .
• High degree of energy, motivation and ambition with multi-tasking abilities.
• Flexible approach to changing client requirements and to a changing internal or market environment.
• Proactivity and eagerness to learn and act.
• The ability to positively persuade and influence.
• Continuous improvement mind-set and willing to challenge status quo
• A result and detail orientated approach.
• A strong team spirit and ability to delegate and monitor the progress.
• Flexibility to travel across the AGI offices in Europe on regular basis